State pension amount.

I'm getting about £202 per week, a lot of folk I know get a little less, some a lot less, don't know why. Anyway, next year use the old free bus pass down to Cornwall and we'll celebrate down the pub.
Where abouts in Cornwall? I lived there for years and met my wife in Penzance

Sponsored Links
The man responsible for increasing the state pension age to 67 retired at 61 with a £245k lump sum and £85k a year.

He'll get his state pension when he reaches 67. That’s a private/company pension he's getting. I’ve been getting one of those since I was 60. Not quite £85k a year though…..

I've been getting £903 a month and next month it goes up by £90
I also have a company pension which increases with what used to be called the RPI, but is now a different name and a better pay-out.
I wouldn't say no to an extra £1k each month though. ;)

nice little 11.25 % rise in company pension this month other side of the old company got 12.4%

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Looking at my NI contributions I was paying £3 - 3.5k in the last few years of working, so it's obviously not a full years NI amount. Though how do they work out the NI on £0 earnings?
The contribution on £0 is £0 plus whatever you chose to pay in. The self-emp amount was very low I believe, so people paid that.
Pay in what you can but you have just missed the April 5th deadline for this year.
Look at PIP.
Arthritis > can't walk 50metres or 20m, would give you £25 or 60 (ish..) Mobility benefit (not means tested) cheaper car tax, blue badge.. Claim before you retirement age though, you can't claim the same after. (!!)
General Living- qute a low threshold for getting that, which is iirc about £50pw for the low rate, 71 for high with other allowances..
I've just been through it for someone else, it's more complicated than it looks. "Everyone" plays the system because "they always" expect it.

He'll get his state pension when he reaches 67. That’s a private/company pension he's getting. I’ve been getting one of those since I was 60. Not quite £85k a year though…..

What private company? I thought he was a civil servant, in which case his pension and payout are from my money.

What private company? I thought he was a civil servant, in which case his pension and payout are from my money.
You mean in the same sense that if you shop at Sainsburys, the shopworkers wages, sick pay and pensions are "your" money.

Never heard of him. Was he a Prime Minister who forced his party to change the law?

Oh I see. He was an employee given the task of implementing the policy, decisions and law chosen by our government.

Andy was too shy to admit he was talking nonsense, but I had a look round and confirmed it.

You mean in the same sense that if you shop at Sainsburys, the shopworkers wages, sick pay and pensions are "your" money.
Not really the same is it.

We have the choice of shopping elsewhere.

Many people pay for government services etc. much of which is to fund gold plated pensions, when they themselves have no such deal.

You could argue they are free to get jobs in the public sector, but then we could all have studied/worked harder to get better paid jobs and not moan about so called rich people needing to pay more taxes.

Sponsored Links
Back