Stephen Hawking: 'There is no heaven; it's a fairy story'

If it gives people hope and a sense of being then it cant be a bad thing.

That's fair enough, for adults. Indoctrinating young minds into those beliefs though is well out of order.

Sponsored Links
If it gives people hope and a sense of being then it cant be a bad thing.

That's fair enough, for adults. Indoctrinating young minds into those beliefs though is well out of order.

You might be surprised but religious teaching can be a force for good.
Would you rather a child was going to sunday school or running around the streets with a gang taking drugs ,carrying knives, attacking old folk etc.

Would you rather a child was going to sunday school or running around the streets with a gang taking drugs ,carrying knives, attacking old folk etc

I'd rather a child had good parenting.
It doesn't follow that any kids not in sunday school are running riot.

Sponsored Links
You avoided the question nicely. No surprise I guess.

There are more than two possible answers to your question. I gave you a third, I would rather a child had good parenting. How is that avoiding your question?

The framing of your question implies that any child who doesn't attend sunday school takes drugs, carries knives and attacks old people.
Ask a sensible question and I will answer it. As the question stands the best answer I can give is that I would rather a child had good parenting.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Religion isnt the problem, its the way it gets manipulated and abused and forced onto others , thats the problem.
People are the real problem.

I`d rather this Hawking stopped raving over he had survived Motor Neurone Disease for so long.

He aint kin got it.

Would you rather a child was going to sunday school or running around the streets with a gang taking drugs ,carrying knives, attacking old folk etc.

Of the two possible answers you're allowing: Sunday school, no question about it. But that's like saying 'Should we dine at the Ritz or take a walk around a rough part of town?' - two extremes with nothing in the middle.

However as said, there are more than 2 possible answers. Good parenting is one of the alternatives.

Your statement fits in nicely with my question at the end of the original post. Your argument is that it's either religion or crime - nothing in the middle.

The framing of your question implies that any child who doesn't attend sunday school takes drugs, carries knives and attacks old people.

That just how you choose to intrepet it.
The fact is a child going to sunday school to learn is a long way from being "out of order" as you put it.

Lots of kids dont go to Sunday School and dont end up rampant drug abusing criminals. In fact most kids who dont go to Sunday School.
Id say a few that do still end up violent rampant drug taking dirty no good junkie filth bags who would take the eye out of your head and leave the other one for later.

The fact is a child going to sunday school to learn is a long way from being "out of order" as you put it.

You sure about that? I know of a lad, lives in his parents' house (they live miles away); he was brought up by his religious parents. The house is a mess, he drinks, does drugs, smokes, the lot.

His Dad's a Vicar. Explain that one.

What is out of order is an organisation of adults teaching impressionable young minds their beliefs as though they were fact. That's bang out of order mister.

Sponsored Links
Back