Stephen Hawking: 'There is no heaven; it's a fairy story'

Brigadier";p="1994387 said:
Religion is just a belief, A simpler explanation for "the resurrection" is that Jesus was a revolutionary, a member of a radical faction. He had a crisis of confidence, and left that faction.
His "death" was figurative - non-members were considered "dead". When he rejoined the faction, he was "alive" again.
No supernatural powers involved - b][/i]
Didn`t stay a non- member for long - 3days :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I`d rather this Hawking stopped raving over he had survived Motor Neurone Disease for so long.

He aint kin got it.
Maybe `is motor`s got motor newrone disease - allo prof gotta new mota ?- "**** OFF" in a metallic computerised voice :mrgreen:

Brigadier said:
His "death" was figurative - non-members were considered "dead". When he rejoined the faction, he was "alive" again. No supernatural powers involved - just different use of words (which is hardly a surprise, given the elapsed time.)

Or maybe he had extraterrestrial help. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Hmm...

Apocalypse now? Christian Rapture fiction and the end of the world

Tomorrow is the end of the world as we know it, folks – or at least it is according to US Christian broadcaster Harold Camping, who has calculated that 21 May is Judgment Day. Camping, who runs the Family Radio network in the US, has offered several "infallible proofs" that the Rapture – when God will welcome all good and just souls into the kingdom of heaven – will occur tomorrow.

Good Christians have known for a long time what to expect, of course. The New Testament's 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 lays it out pretty neatly: "... and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord". Stirring stuff, but it's not the only Judgment Day guide.

Full article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/may/20/christian-rapture-fiction-sf-apocalypse

Guess there's no need for Sunday school now!

Sponsored Links
I bet there's a few billion Muslim's will be cheesed off with that news. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sooey wrote
you're not entitled to foist them onto kids.

You're wrong.
And in any case what entitles you to tell anyone what their not entitled to do?

So you think that filling innocent kids heads with your half assed crazy primitive beliefs, with absolutely NO proof behind them whatsoever isn't wrong? I beg to differ. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What beliefs are you referring too?
Following a faith means a lot more than believing in a supreme creator.

My nephew just spent 12 months in rwanda with his church helping kids less fortunate than him self. Had he not been brought up with a strong belief in his faith I doubt he would have been there.
Does he believe in god? Maybe , maybe not. He's free to make up his own mind on that. But a foundation is set and thats the important part.
And maybe just maybe, if he has kids of his own one day, I sincerly hope he foists the same beliefs bestowed upon him unto those kids.

Does he believe in god? Maybe , maybe not. He's free to make up his own mind on that. But a foundation is set and thats the important part

That's the point. The foundation has been set. If the church had left people free to make their own minds up it wouldn't have lasted five minutes, never mind 2000years. Even so, I can't see it lasting another 2000 years as a major institution,or anywhere close.

Nige F";p="1994436 said:
Religion is just a belief, A simpler explanation for "the resurrection" is that Jesus was a revolutionary, a member of a radical faction. He had a crisis of confidence, and left that faction.
His "death" was figurative - non-members were considered "dead". When he rejoined the faction, he was "alive" again.
No supernatural powers involved - b][/i]
Didn`t stay a non- member for long - 3days :mrgreen:

Just like to point out a misquote there, I never said that? NP.

Sponsored Links
Back