Strange Noise from New Grant Combi Pro 21, Help please!

Well i got the installer popping round late this afternoon to have another looksie before getting hold of Grant. :)

Sponsored Links
Just an update lol, Installer popped in today and could not do anymore than has already been done regards venting, The 2 non return valves that boilerman mentioned are not on this one ?. Installer thinks that they may have been omitted from the latest models, He is going to ring Grant tommorow and arrange a visit :) ,
Cant say fairer than that ;) .

Excuse me The Non-Return Valves ARE THERE!!!!!!!!! :mad:

one is inline prior to the Heating pump (top of Boiler) the other is on the pipe behind the plate Heat Exchanger prior to the Hot Water Primary Pump it is THIS ONE that traps air!!!!

They cannot be omitted as reverse circulation would occur without them :rolleyes:

one is inline prior to the Heating pump (top of Boiler) the other is on the pipe behind the plate Heat Exchanger prior to the Hot Water Primary Pump it is THIS ONE that traps air!!!!

They cannot be omitted as reverse circulation would occur without them :rolleyes:

Wow, no need to have a rant at me mate lol, Just saying what we see ??.

I will of course notify him what the experts have said !

Sponsored Links

OK i must be thick lol, Just pulled the covers off again and i swear the ONLY non return valve that i can see is the one that was fitted inline in the Cold inlet by the installer.
There is nothing behind the heat exchanger, i can clearly see the pipes behind it and theres nothing inline or otherwise.

When the Grant engineer comes out i will show him your reply and take his details. If i and the installer are wrong and these NR valves are there i will post here again apologising.
Once again thanks for your help.

Tell you what would be interesting Boilerman, A couple of pics of the area where these Non Return valves are to be seen, Strange thing as there was no Single sheet of paper or the multitool within the box the boiler came in either .

panman45

Have you got the installation manual?

If yes, then look on page 36 (I think) it shows position of non return valves.

panman45

Have you got the installation manual?

If yes, then look on page 36 (I think) it shows position of non return valves.

Hi, Cheers for that, Just took a look and in the manual (Combi 70 V3, Combi 90 V3 combi Max, Vortex Combi 26 and 36) it does indeed show the non return valve.
However i have a supplement manual that covers (Vortex 15/21 Utility and Outdoor Module,Vortex Combi 21 And Outdoor Vortex 21),
Which does not show the same diagrams or indeed any that refer to that.

In the Main Manual what they call the 'Flow to Store non Return Valve' is in actual fact just a 22mm Coupler on my boiler !!, not a Return valve with any venting screws on it etc .

Thanks for high lighting this mate as i now know for sure that me and the installer are correct ;) ,

Thanks again !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back