Stud wall #2 ....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay after some research here snd elsewhere I have come with a second questioning.

Okay so what I am doing is straightening a kitchen wall at the same time aid wiring and ascetic needs

I will be making a stud wall 400 center's

This will be attached to and existing wall directly Iver the original finish (plaster is sound)

I will then pack this with earth wool

Now this is where my plan changes

I am going to use no more ply (NMP)
Fixed to the stud according to installation steps

The question is alot of this wall will be covered in wall units

Can my cabinets be mounted to this NMP directly (no tiling nothing just cabinets straight onto the nmp covered studs ?)

If so great

Next question can I use upvc cladding rather then tiles on this NMP

Sponsored Links
Okay after some research here snd elsewhere I have come with a second questioning.

Okay so what I am doing is straightening a kitchen wall at the same time aid wiring and ascetic needs

I will be making a stud wall 400 center's

This will be attached to and existing wall directly Iver the original finish (plaster is sound)

I will then pack this with earth wool

Now this is where my plan changes

I am going to use no more ply (NMP)
Fixed to the stud according to installation steps

The question is alot of this wall will be covered in wall units

Can my cabinets be mounted to this NMP directly (no tiling nothing just cabinets straight onto the nmp covered studs ?)

If so great

Next question can I use upvc cladding rather then tiles on this NMP
Why are you choosing NMP rather than ply? It doesn't make sense unless you are looking for expensive A1 fire rating...? Also, ply would receive fixings (screws etc) much better than NMP or MDF.

To increase loading strength Put noggins (horizontal studs) where you will be screwing cabinets to the wall, so you screw through the NMP or ply or PBoard into a noggin.

I am indeed going for class 1 fire rating this is a wall where my cooker will be placed

And I have many other reasons to use

I understand about my noggins and fixing my units

The main question is can the cabinets be mounted directly to nmp (no tile or pvc in-between? )

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back