stupid diy tv shows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone seen these shows on telly like 60 minute makeover & other similar shows.they must use a time machine to distort time or something coz its taken me 4DAYS just to strip wallpaper from my front room & fill in all the holes & sand it down etc... :mad:

Sponsored Links
They may be in trouble now Doctor Who has reclaimed his Tardis. Or is he renting it out?

Fancy doing a quote to decorate the inside of the Tardis, you say to the owner I wont need to look inside Ive seen the box on the corner.

I am sure that all they do on these shows is a quick bodge job. I have visions of getting them into my house to surprise the wife and then have her come in and criticise all their work, just like she does mine. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Not strictly a DIY show, "Changing Rooms" claimed to do it all in 2 days, if I recall, but there were articles written where former "contestants" said that was a lie and they took a lot longer to do it.

And programme itself made absolutely no secret of the fact that they usually did a quick bodge with a lick of paint here and a sanded floorboard there.

Still, their time would have been better spent using their industrial sander on Linda Barker's face...

AdamW said:
Not strictly a DIY show, "Changing Rooms" claimed to do it all in 2 days, if I recall, but there were articles written where former "contestants" said that was a lie and they took a lot longer to do it.

And programme itself made absolutely no secret of the fact that they usually did a quick bodge with a lick of paint here and a sanded floorboard there.

Still, their time would have been better spent using their industrial sander on Linda Barker's face...

I hate the cow, there are those you do and those you dont and she certainly is one of the later, a length of 4x2 across her gob to shut it up would work wonders, how about that for a bit of diy??

I recently read that the DIY boom is in decline because people are realising that things are not as easy or as quick as they appear to be on the telly. The article I read said that more people are now hiring tradespeople to do the work.

hooray long may that feeling continue! its the same with landscaping.
I want my garden done.
Well theres about two weeks work there.
Really? Doesnt seem to take them that long on the telly
Heres a fork, give me a ring when youve had enough and ill come back to finish off the quote. Oh and by the way dont stop if its raining.

Freddie said:
I hate the cow, there are those you do and those you dont and she certainly is one of the later, a length of 4x2 across her gob to shut it up would work wonders, how about that for a bit of diy??
Freddie! I know you don't mean it literally but you've got some issues there buddy, need attention.

Richardp said:
Freddie said:
Freddie! I know you don't mean it literally but you've got some issues there buddy, need attention.

No i do Richard, there is something about her that i cant stand, she isnt ugly but even after a good few pints i dont think i would, its the same with Carol Vorderman, great body and ok looks but as soon as she opens her mouth, that laugh, oh my god, you feel like shouting shut the feck up---sorry i just cant stand the 2 of them, now charles llewelwyn in his frilly shirt is he a homo or a shemale :LOL: How come the word s he male is edited, we gone all pc for a minute??

werealldoomed said:
The article I read said that more people are now hiring tradespeople to do the work.

Finally !

Hopefully the 'cowboys' don't get wind of this and spoil it again for the proper/honest/hardworking/dedicated to service tradespeoples :evil:

Did anyone see the one on C4 at 5-00PM today called "honey I ruined the house" usual rubbish about gross choice of decoration, colours etc and how it effects house values.

Did the usual cock up and wallop job and then the estate agent came back and said lovely its now worth £10K more. :rolleyes:

The part that made me cringe was when they said we have covered your old table with used scaffold boards to make it look better :eek:

david and julie said:
Did anyone see the one on C4 at 5-00PM today called "honey I ruined the house" usual rubbish about gross choice of decoration, colours etc and how it effects house values.

Did the usual cock up and wallop job and then the estate agent came back and said lovely its now worth £10K more. :rolleyes:

The part that made me cringe was when they said we have covered your old table with used scaffold boards to make it look better :eek:
you could just imagine when they sit down to eat their dinner off it how many builders had ****ed on it. :eek: what about all them railways sleepers made into BBQ tables soaked in yuk! :LOL:

WoodYouLike said:
werealldoomed said:
The article I read said that more people are now hiring tradespeople to do the work.

Finally !

Hopefully the 'cowboys' don't get wind of this and spoil it again for the proper/honest/hardworking/dedicated to service tradespeoples :evil:

The article I read gave 4 reasons...

- over 66% finally admit they are no good at DIY
- houses are being devalued because of poor DIY
- number of emergency hospital admissions has grown massively
- and the availability of cheap tradesmen from eastern Europe :!:

DforDave said:
WoodYouLike said:
werealldoomed said:

Finally !

The article I read gave 4 reasons...

- over 66% finally admit they are no good at DIY
- houses are being devalued because of poor DIY
- number of emergency hospital admissions has grown massively
- and the availability of cheap tradesmen from eastern Europe :!:

Well I reckon its time we sent then all back where they came from, especially the bent, dark, left wing ones, that support the EU. What do you reckon Richard? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back