Suggestions For Foldable Workbench ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Could anyone please advise me on what are considered to be decent foldable workbenches, ie, workmate or similar type of unit. Or, are they all much the same in terms of functionality and quality.

Rgds
Jack

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have the Stanley Project Centre. I did not like it at first, as its a good idea, light, versatile and doubles as a sack truck ... but it doesn't half wobble about when sawing on it.

But I've got used to it now :rolleyes:

Have a look at the the Draper Expert 1000.

I also have a Wolfcraft Mastercut 1000 - which holds a circular saw, jigsaw or router as well as a carpenters vice and other holding and cutting aids. Only problem with this is that I don't know what paint they used, but the black surface marks any bare bit of timber put on it

Buy four cheap ones from screwfix for the same price as a posh one,throw an 8x4 sheet on youve got a big work bench you can router on put things together on and rip up sheets without getting stressy ,three in a row with a chop saw in the middle gives you a cross cut bench you have even got adjustable height for off cuts,great for stud work.

After years of workmates bought a machine mart one own one cos it was cheap. Its a bit rubbish, waiting for the cold to snap off the plastic handles and the folding stays are so flimsy that you dare'nt use them to steady it.

????

Kev

Have a look at the the Draper Expert 1000.

I have one of these - and would never recommend it to anyone! The Draper Expert is a wonderful flight of fancy as a machine stand, and utterly useless as a workbench. The overhangs are too small to get clamps under, the aluminium fittings mark up your work, the jaws buckle if you try to get a grip on anything and the whole thing is huge and heavy and takes up all your storage space that should be full of tools you can use.

DON'T DO IT!

Doing a bench build at the moment.
Big, heavy and chunky is the theme of this bench. These are the legs...
bigbench001.jpg

This is the top ripped from 12" x 2" planking which will be 8' x 2'..
bigbenchreducedsize2.png

And this the top milled down to size ready for the glue up.
bigbenchreducedsize3.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back