Suggestions for hiding this gas pipe in living room?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

This needs hiding as its pretty ugly and as you can see right behind our tv. Not quite sure what to do but with a few ideas I am sure I will think of something

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You could buy or make some corner shelves! It wouldnt hide it all but it would look better and hide a little bit of the pipe.

Good luck! :)

Hi there ,i have the same thing with rad pipes so i boxed them in with plywood and painted boxing with wall colour,looks much better than bare pipework.good luck with whatever you choose .Steve

Sponsored Links
I had some gas work done on a property recently only to be told that gas pipes shouldn't be boxed in according to the "rules" nowadays. Something about it leading to a build up of gas should there ever be a leak.
Ask the question in one of the other forums and you will probably get a definative answer.

If it is a gas pipe, No Do not even look at it! Don't even think of touching it, let alone painting over it! How dare you painted a gas pipe, it should be clearly marked with a warning label Gas pipe!

Seriously you have committed a serious criminal offence, you just hope H & S executive don't knock on your door early in the morning and give you a rude awakening ! :p

Just do what you think is best, cover the ****in thing it looks real ugly!

Cover it with some tall decorative object, something that distracts your vision and so you don't notice it is there, I am sure you could use you own imagination.

anyone of the suggestions above,personally i would do as joe says and use a corner fillet.then paint it,it will look less intrusive once youve done that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back