Sunak on Covid...

Sponsored Links
They don't crop up often.

Chris Whitty gave a lecture about what might happen a year before it did. Amazingly prescient.
Even Obama warned that we had to be ready.

--
Remember "the worst" didn't happen with covid19. If it had gone preferentially for kids like the 1918 one, it could even have been serious. We didn't have that knowledge. It was Cummings who really reacted to that reality at the time, iirc.

Back lash in USA about Fauci being given too much say regards lockdowns etc proved he lied to congress etc and now he is jumping before being thrown .
Electoral talk and blame game etc. Your silly being sucked in.

One problem with covid was cost. Bound to cause political noises that are nothing other than noises. Another is that it is still with us so rather TBD.

Could the gov have reduced cost. The enquiry might clear that up but it's all spilt milk now. I doubt if it would be all that much anyway.

Effects of what they did. Ecconomy shrank more than some others who were doing more or less the same thing but did show a more rapid recovery rate than some of those. Not to pre covid levels though - that is more likely to be down to other factors.

Chris Whitty gave a lecture about what might happen a year before it did. Amazingly prescient.
There were probably very factual rumours about a simulation. The results were suppressed.

Why - time needed to do something about it? Problem of cost if always fully prepared? If a virus is new it isn't possible to be fully prepared. ;) Some one didn't like the numbers anyway.

This sars comes with a serious problem. The effects range from negligible to death. It's hard to knock China's monitoring set up but it wasn't fast enough to prevent spread. I know a doc was found who said I found it first, I warned you etc but the monitoring has to be very pedantic to justify interfere with running a country. It goes sufficient cases, human to human transmission, where and etc.

There is a report around showing how these things spread. It's based on factual info on movements of people. By NARTAG if I remember correctly. London is bound to be hit, other major population centres may figure. Shut the country off - it may already be here. It isn't possible to do anything about this aspect. It's down to modern life. That can not be just be easily turned off.

Sponsored Links
Richie is throwing a Hail Mary pass to the gammon wing of the tory faithful.
Many Tory mp's were doing similar during the more serious stages. I put it down to trying to please all. Unusual for them as it sounds like arguments - more associated with Labour.

Then I wondered - Brexit. A number of compartmentalised arguments to suit various groups of people plus catch phrases. Same as that?

Save the NHS without further explanation is probably the worst catch phrase ever invented. However I don't think the people who do this aort of thing are stupid. I'd suspect there is a reason.

So is Sunak right or wrong?
Should he be the next PM when he's telling the truth that many refuse to believe?
Who says he's telling the truth?
What do you think or are you just after the opinions of others without giving yours in a thread you started?

Rishi Sunak has criticised the government's response to Covid - suggesting independent scientific advisers were given too much authority.

"We shouldn't have empowered the scientists in the way we did," he is quoted as saying."

"In his interview, Mr Sunak also hit out at campaign posters showing Covid patients on ventilators, saying it was "wrong" to "scare people"

So is Sunak right or wrong?
He never mentioned all that at the time; instead, appearing to believe it all he magicked up £400 billions thereby creating the mess we are now in. And he wants us to vote for him.

He never mentioned all that at the time; instead, appearing to believe it all he magicked up £400 billions thereby creating the mess we are now in. And he wants us to vote for him.
People voted for idiot Boris on the back of 'get brexit done' ffs. How low a bar do you want?

People voted for idiot Boris on the back of 'get brexit done' ffs. How low a bar do you want?
If Richie Suniak is saying these things to get votes he won't get many, because the overwhelming majority of the population believed in and supported the covid restrictions, and still do.

The whole thing is bizarre. Suniak is trying to make out that he was talked into doing what he did, yet he is the second most senior politician in the country. Is he a charlatan or is he just as young and naive as he looks?

Original article here:

Former senior member of Tory government says the Tory government got it wrong.

Blames underlings and advisors.

Sponsored Links
Back