Sunday noise.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am taking a wall down indoors and my new neighbour has just complained about the noise. Are there any regulations that i have to stick to regarding making noise/building work in my own house at weekends?

Sponsored Links
no idea, but courtesey would be nice, tell him what you are doing and when you will be finished by, and point out you wont complain when he has his house warming party, so long as it finishes by 00:00

Don't know if there are any regs concerning this but could you not have warned your neighbors that you were intending to do some work and thus preventing any animosity from arising.

on a sunday I would be considerate and not start work till after 10am and finish by 5pm. It is common decency!

Sponsored Links
I feel sorry for the guy next door but understand the works got to be done, yesterday my neighbor lit a fire on the beach, the wind was in our direction and the house stank of smoke, so I went down and yelled at him, he said sorry, end of! I wanted to smack him. :evil:

DIY's a funny one, based more on whats "reasonable"

In trade, hours are standard working hours mon-fri and sat mornings, outside of these hours the neighbours have a "right" to complain, and believe me they will, right at 13:01 on a sat cos I'm banging cable clips into a (non party!!) wall :rolleyes:

Taking down a wall? Using a kango? Thats pushing your luck a bit- and like said if you have an important job, normally knocking on the door and asking sweetly if he'd mind terribly often disarms people into agreeing instead of leaving them to be wound up by unexpected noise.

Its a shame you have no consideration for your neighbours or anybody else I expect.

All you had to do was agree a mutually convenient time. Or you could have warned them you had do it today, and they could have arranged to be out for the day.

I recently had to cut a large tree down, spoke to the neighbours told them when it was going to be done. They said "thanks for letting us know" and as I walked away overheard the missus say "was'nt that nice of him to let us know"

No sense in falling out with your neighbours if you can avoid it.

FabianDeGuisson has asked this question 3 times now (in 3 forums)

I am taking a wall down indoors and my new neighbour has just complained about the noise. Are there any regulations that i have to stick to regarding making noise/building work in my own house at weekends?

You can only use a rubber mallet and a wooden bolster.

Honest.

Get on with it...Its no worse than having kids..playing..the quicker you do it, the quicker the dust will settle.. :LOL:

If you are working mon - fri, when else can it be done

Seco Services wrote:-
not their business to know when & what your doing.[/quote]

I'm glad I don't live next door to you!

Seco Services wrote:-
not their business to know when & what your doing.

I'm glad I don't live next door to you![/quote] are you a nosey bar steward then ?

thats good then, you won't be poking your nose in my business, knowing what & when i do something.
my neighbour next door learnt her lesson by trying to interfere and cost her dearly

Sponsored Links
Back