Sunday noise.

Sponsored Links
Them doing DIY ?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Like it ! That would ironic heh ?

Nah The prime suspect seems to be some helium balloons we got from a kids Christmas Party, They drifted around the kitchen until the went in front of a sensor (hmmm and I thought they detected heat movement)

Either that or a spider crawled across it ???

(And I think we got back within 15 minutes of the neighbours phoning .....)

What are the "reasonable" hours on a Sunday?

As previous poster has stated there aren't any official hours. So use common sense.

Wouldn't respect and consideration for your neighbours dictate that you took a day off work to do it, rather than spoil someone else's?

My neighbours are retired and are home all day everyday. :rolleyes:

No - you would still do it anyway. :rolleyes:

See previous comment.

If some of the views of posters on this topic are representative of the majority of people, then the way back is going to take several generations.

Yes if. But i doubt they are

If the neighbours complain about working on a Sunday just apologise nicely & explain that it needs doing.

I always stop any noisy work by 8PM even though I can continue if I wished.

what an inconsiderate wa**er. if you continued to bang away, while a sleep deprived dad of two young sprogs had to put up with your diy, as he was trying to coax them to sleep, then you deserve what you get. :evil:

Sponsored Links
What are the "reasonable" hours on a Sunday?
As previous poster has stated there aren't any official hours. So use common sense.
OK. So what are the "common sense" hours then?

Wouldn't respect and consideration for your neighbours dictate that you took a day off work to do it, rather than spoil someone else's?
My neighbours are retired and are home all day everyday. :rolleyes:
I think you know what I meant. :rolleyes:

There needs to be give-and-take, and both sides must be reasonable. :!:

A few years ago I lived in a 1st floor maisonette. A chap moved in nextdoor to me, and the place was a bit manky so needed a new bathroom, a new kitchen, and new windows.

When he went to explain the works to the lady downstairs, she told him that he better not dare to make any noise in case she was home from work, and when he asked "When would it be alright to make noise then?" she insisted that her comings and goings were none of his business and she wasn't telling him. :LOL:

After several attempts, he gave up and had works commence. At 11am on a Tuesday (I was there!), she came out and started screaming abuse at the window fitters, abuse that would make a sailor turn red and steady himself on the furniture! She never worked past 8pm, so it wasn't like she'd done a night-shift and just nodded off either.

So, some people aren't reasonable.

I don't think you necessarily have to give full details of your diy-ing, only to let them know that you are going to be doing some work, it'll be noisy, thank you for your patience :)

nothing to do with this thread really but a few months after moving into our current house my (then) five year old daughter was running round the garden on a sunday afternoon, making loads of noise shouting the dog , screaming when i soaked her with the hose, just being a five year old really.
the guy from next door but one shouted at her to shut up and stop being so noisy, in a quite nasty tone. when i confronted him over the hedge (I had to stand on a chair, I`m not that tall :) ) he muttered something about kids wouldn`t be so noisy if they were brought up properly.
He soon learnt not to question how SWMBO brings up our kids as she gave him a real mouthful of (non swearing ) abuse.
since this happened ,about 4 years ago, we`ve only spoke once.
no real point to this story, except maybe no matter how considerate you are some people are just born moaners.

Sponsored Links
Back