Supplier/fitter recommendation upvc windows in HA5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, hope this is allowed. I'm hoping someone in my area can recommend a company they have worked and happy with. The windows of the flat webought 3 years ago are terrible. Much condense in winter, I can therefore see mould. I suspect they areboth cheap and terribly fitted. I'd like to do a better job with the next ones.

Sponsored Links
New windows will not cure condense or condensation infact would probably make it worse, what are you doing that creates moisture laden air?

As Crank says , the main issue isn't the windows, it's the amount of water in the air. Yes new windows may well be reducing the condensation on the windows but it'll only find the next coldest spot, usually behind a unit or wardrobe. Reduce the amount of water vapour , reduce condensation

Hm, you are making me think. Nothing really. The rooms have entirely normal humidity levels. No drying of clothes on the radiators either. Just breathing. Airing regularly...

Sponsored Links
Sounds like all all is well that way. Do all windows condensate badly ? Or is it just one or two rooms?

Sounds like all all is well that way. Do all windows condensate badly ? Or is it just one or two rooms?

Now that I think about it, the bedroom is the worst. But I think you may have a valid point. It may be a combination of the windows and something else. It is a ground floor property. It'd be wise to cover all angles

Do you sleep with the bedroom door closed?

Yes we do actually. So that may be a part of it. But there is a problem with mould developing behind a wardrobe by the window as well. There is obviously no good ventilation behind it but no mould behind the one that is not by the window. So I attributed it to the window, maybe wrongly...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back