supply to 3 phase commando socket

Sponsored Links
Am I missing something obvious?

All I can spot is the dodgy connection on the outgoing L2 connection.

Sponsored Links
WDTA

If the RCD wouldn't trip then that suggests a possible lack of earth??

So that nice bit of green and yellow going into a 'terminal block' is that as

far as it got?

That was as far as it went.
The choc block did have a flylead in in but it was just tucked into the back of the box.

I was thinking the missing neutral.. or don't you need a neutral on a 3 phase rcd?

Nope, you don't need a neutral ;)
The appliance will connect across 2 or 3 of the phases. There shouldn't be a neutral pin on the socket - it should be a 3p+e outlet.

The appliance will connect across 2 or 3 of the phases. There shouldn't be a neutral pin on the socket - it should be a 3p+e outlet.

You need a neutral for the test button to work though!

You need a neutral for the test button to work though!

Nope!
Look at the internal circuit diagram on the front of the RCD in the picture posted by "wontdothatagain"

BTW looking at that pic. The connections from the incoming supply cable is a bit shoddy.

Regards FB

Only correct for Delta.
If it's Star, then it deffo needs a neutral.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back