Supply to UPS

Sponsored Links
Pilot pins?
IIRC if the CPC is large enough i.e. 4mm copper, 10mm others then only one termination is required. It is when you go for the 2 individual protective conductors you need to have separate termination points.

I've seen 63A CEEforms with two earth pins.

Never seen these, but useful to know. However, most datacenters have 16A or 32A ceeform per rack, standard pin configuration. In fact, most PDUs for IT euipment on this scale come pre-fitted with 32A ceeform plugs.

Hey,

I have not seen a 16A ceeform with two earth pins for high integrity earthing. The UPS comes with a 16A ceeform to 15A IEC connector. I was planning on using 3 core SWA as it is good practice to do so in this situation. I am not sure how to comply with high integrity earthing as the MK commando switched blue 16A surface mount socket only has one earth connection inside the unit so I was planning to earth the sheath and CPC to the same earth connection. It might not be compliant but I can mention this on the forms. I don't see how I can be compliant with this when the 16A and 32A BS4343 connectors only have one earth pin.

How do they get around this in big data houses? I see PDUs with 32A and 16A ceeform connectors all the time.

Adam

Sponsored Links
It is only where the CPC is smaller than 4mm in copper or smaller than 10mm in another metal that you need to double up the protective conductor connecting into separate terminals. If you use 4mm> copper or 10mm> other metal then you only need the one connection.
Does an inverter have a high leakage current?

It is only where the CPC is smaller than 4mm in copper or smaller than 10mm in another metal that you need to double up the protective conductor connecting into separate terminals. If you use 4mm> copper or 10mm> other metal then you only need the one connection.
Does an inverter have a high leakage current?

So natrually a 16A ceeform will comply as its =>10mm radius of copper on the earth pin. If this is not the case (I remember seeing ceeforms with a larger earth pin) then I will need to run 4mm SWA?

Adam

Not really, was talking of the CPC conductors feeding the outlet. I thought the actual pins are made of brass or similar?
What is the size of the outer armour on a 2.5mm 3c SWA?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back