Weatherproof 32A plug?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I'm after some help with my latest little project.

I have a changeover switch to install to a property.

The mains supply side is not a problem. I will just pull the feed back into the changeover switch, and connect this back to the CU.

Now the generator input is a little more arkward.

The connection needs to be located outside, and the supply from the generator will be 32A (max).

I was thinking a nice surface mount commando plug, but I have only seen these rated upto 16A

Any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
the MK commando line has inlets that will cover what you need no problem as i'm sure do other brandsof CEEFORM. They don't seem to be very common though so you'll probbablly have to order your inlets from MK.

Sponsored Links
K9762 BLU + K9054 BLU do the trick?
Don't you think that might be a tad dangerous?

Methinks K9156BLU + K9785BLU would be better...

Or if splashproof will do, then K9133BLU + K9733BLU.

RF - where are you going to put the N-E link - in the cable, or in the inlet so that the cable can also do duty as a general purpose extension lead?

Are you putting the earth through the C/O switch too, or will you have the local spike and the supply earth connected when the generator is in use?

RF - where are you going to put the N-E link - in the cable, or in the inlet so that the cable can also do duty as a general purpose extension lead?

Are you putting the earth through the C/O switch too, or will you have the local spike and the supply earth connected when the generator is in use?

The gen set is permanantly installed on site, and staked down at the gen set. It was installed by generator men.

The generator is to supply 3 phase to the workshop as it worked out cheaper than having the DNO install it.

The plan is to take an extention from one of the 32A TP sockets into the workshop to supply the change over switch.

I was intending to common the generator earth and the suppliers earth. Is this not a good idea?

Switching an earth just seems a bit wrong to me.

Yes, bond genny frame earth to suppliers earth and rod down (with N bonded to E as near as practicable to gen) You will have to ensure disconnection times are met when on gen. operation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back