Suprise Suprise ....France doesn't want them back !

Sponsored Links
Under the Dublin agreement more refugees were sent to the UK from Europe than returned to Europe
youve based that on cherry picked information -based on 2018

I strongly recommend you avoid using migration watch....it is a right wing think tank run by Sir Andrew Green a Tory peer who is known to hate immigrants more than Farage

No - on facts.
Hong Kong is an economic miracle
Tell me of a remotely successful African country.

So not fact then, just prejudice

refugees coming here by boat are mostly from:

Syria
Iraq
Iran
Yemen
Afghanistan
Eritrea
Somalia

so mostly not from Africa

and many of them that come are middle class -because the poor cant afford the smugglers fees

I heard an asylum seeker, now citizen on the radio this morning, an Egyptian -he is a qualified dentist

yesterday I heard one talk about his experience -he now runs a successful company.

Sponsored Links
A lot of the people coming in on boats are Kurds from Iraq. Some Afgan and some from Libia. All placed that the west has helped "sort" out.

International law means some get to stay.

So not fact then, just prejudice

refugees coming here by boat are mostly from:

Syria
Iraq
Iran
Yemen
Afghanistan
Eritrea
Somalia

so mostly not from Africa

and many of them that come are middle class -because the poor cant afford the smugglers fees

I heard an asylum seeker, now citizen on the radio this morning, an Egyptian -he is a qualified dentist

yesterday I heard one talk about his experience -he now runs a successful company.
More middle class doctors and Dentists trying to break into another country

you voted to end the UKs ability to do that, because Brexit has meant less control of UK borders.
Leaving the EU didn’t mean the end of relationships with the EU, and it didn’t mean the relationship with the EU has to stay fixed in perpetuity.

If macron really wanted to end the people trafficking, he’d agree to the return of any migrants that cross the channel from France illegally. That would stop the trafficking overnight.

More middle class doctors and Dentists trying to break into another country
When you're invited into 'Europe', visas issued, and special planes laid on, then find yourself being squeezed between the country that invited you there, and squashed up against an unyielding fence and border guards, what do you do.
You can't retrace your steps because Belarus won't allow it, you can't go forward because Poland won't allow it, you have no water, no food, no shelter, so you become desperate.

It's a characteristic image of migrants in France, except that France did not invite them, did not issue Visas, did not promise them entry to UK and did not lay on special planes, and are not forcing them forward. But the result is the same, migrants find themselves squeezed between an unwelcoming France and an unrelenting UK. But at least they can buy food, water, tents, etc., but they're just as desperate to move forward, so they risk their lives to cross the channel.

Refugees have to take a risk, stay where they are and probably die form torture, hunger, thirst, lack of opportunities, money, etc, or persecuted by the state, or they can risk their lives escaping to somewhere safer, where better prospects await.
Unfortunately many die not making the journey, and many die making the journey. A rock and a hard place, where the risks are your life.

Leaving the EU didn’t mean the end of relationships with the EU, and it didn’t mean the relationship with the EU has to stay fixed in perpetuity.
If only Boris and the ERG had realised that, instead of villainising the EU.

If macron really wanted to end the people trafficking, he’d agree to the return of any migrants that cross the channel from France illegally. That would stop the trafficking overnight.
Are you suggesting UK return all refugees without assessing any of their applications? I realise that UK wants to abdicate its international responsibilities, (just like Trump) and Boris has form for abdicating his personal responsibilities, but that's no way to present a country on the world stage.

Why do you think France should shoulder all that responsibility? UK is, and has been equally responsible for creating the push factors that caused the refugees to begin their perilous journey.

South Africa used to be ? But that went down

Used to be untill Mugabe took over
He followed the example set by the colonial rulers before him, the majority ruled and disenfranchised by violence and deprivation, by a tiny minority.

Leaving the EU didn’t mean the end of relationships with the EU
That’s true.

However Boris Johnson and his government have spent their time breaking international treaties they signed and playing endless posturing games to enrage their base.

and it didn’t mean the relationship with the EU has to stay fixed in perpetuity
That’s true, the EU knows that, which is why it’s patiently waiting for some adults to gain power here in the UK that actually care about trade with our most important and biggest trade partner.

If macron really wanted to end the people trafficking, he’d agree to the return of any migrants that cross the channel from France illegally
If the Tory government cared about ending people trafficking it would agree to take a fair share.

France already processes about 3x more than the UK, do you think France should agree to process even more?

No - on facts.
Hong Kong is an economic miracle
Tell me of a remotely successful African country.

Can you explain why you think Hong Kong is an economic miracle?

What criteria have you used to determine that, add some detail to the description.

Sponsored Links
Back