Survival Instinct

Reaction score
Country
France
As there's not much churnalism going on, and very little investigative journalism at the moment, :whistle: I thought I'd inject a little light discussion:

If the after life is so much better than the current life on earth, why did God endow us with a survival instinct?

In fact, if the current existence, here on earth, is so dangerous and mundane, and the afterlife is so much better, why did God endow us with the ability to reproduce? Surely, that just means that the afterlife will be so full of people that it'll be pretty damn crowded, and will all those that are already there start moaning about the new arrivals? :whistle:

Sponsored Links
An alternative question:

Since every living creature in the world is the result of millions of years od successful competition, breeding and survival, how likely is it that creatures without those instincts would still be here?

Does evolution cause species to prefer life?

Sponsored Links
So we could devote more time worshipping him?
But if we're supposed to carry on worshiping Him in the afterlife, why bother with the rigamarole of doing it on earth?
Why not just skip that phase and go straight to heaven (Don't pass go! This isn't monopoly!)

But if we're supposed to carry on worshiping Him in the afterlife, why bother with the rigamarole of doing it on earth?
Why not just skip that phase and go straight to heaven (Don't pass go! This isn't monopoly!)

Life is a test. To see if we can wash away the stain of Adam and Eve's 'original' sin; and prepare us to share heaven with God. (I'm only the theological messenger here, btw.)

Life is a test. To see if we can wash away the stain of Adam and Eve's 'original' sin; and prepare us to share heaven with God. (I'm only the theological messenger here, btw.)
If life is a test, god is a ****ty scientist.

If you think too deeply about it, it's difficult to see the point of anything. I mean it's all a bit pointless really.

If life is a test, god is a ****ty scientist.
I think that's my conclusion. If he created heaven and earth, and he is omnipotent, didn't he see it all coming?
And if he did, and said, "sod it, I'm gonna do it anyway."
I'd say he's more of a mad scientist. He thought Adam and Eve have sinned, so let's make all their children suffer.
Why create a new experiment just to see if we can pass the test? Are we nothing more than lab rats?

created heaven and earth

you are quoting a translation from words written by a man, who was not present when the world was created, and provided his guess.

One man's guess, about a matter on which he has no knowledge, is as good as another's.

One man's guess, about a matter on which he has no knowledge, is as good as another's.
Yeah, I know. But Astrophysics wasn't invented then. So how could he be expected to have any knowledge about a subject that hadn't been invented?

And talking of astrophysics, why did God also create the other planets?
What function do they have?

Yeah, I know. But Astrophysics wasn't invented then. So how could he be expected to have any knowledge about a subject that hadn't been invented?

And talking of astrophysics, why did God also create the other planets?
What function do they have?

Well Jupiter protects us from a lot of space debris. But does there have to be any point to anything?

But why would a God need to let the Earth evolve for 3.5 billion years, to create us in his own image.

Sponsored Links
Back