Survival Instinct

Sponsored Links
not a bad way of looking at things imo any way
It can be, in the caste system it means that you were born into your position because you deserve it and so must stay there and accept your subservience so that next time around you might be born into a more worthy class.

Given the number of times you've reincarnated yourself on here, you have more than your fair share of survival instinct:ROFLMAO:
A contradiction there, me thinks.
If I had more than my fair share of survival instinct, I wouldn't need to reincarnate myself.
Or if you like, because I reincarnate myself, I don't have a fair share of survival instinct.

Sponsored Links
no u were not
tenor.gif

You could have had frostbite or som'at.

In the highly highly unlikely event that this entity that you all bow down to exists, for what it allows to happen to people and in particular innocent children I want absolutely nothing to do with it. Much much more likely and my absolute belief is that this entity doesn't exist.

Having said that I think I am agnostic although I am not fully understanding of these "religeous or non-religeous" definitions. I do believe that we are not here by accident but it doesn't have anything to do with this all seeing all dancing vision of the church. Whatever is there assuming it exists I still have issues with the way it treats humanity or at least with the way it allows humanity to treat humanity
This is where I come from.

If people choose to believe in whatever god and it gives them a feeling of purpose etc then fine, who am I to judge. However I really struggle with the whole concept. And the way things can be tweaked depending on outcomes.

She's survived the cancer, it's a miracle, that's the prayers answered.
or
She's sadly passed away after battling cancer. Taken too young however we never know what god's plan is, ours is not to reason why.

I get the logic behind arguments such as 'god doesn't exist to create paradise on earth for everyone 24/7' and that it's 'up to humankind as to how life on earth plays out in terms of living peacefully, god doesn't intervene in mans inhumanity to man' etc. However when you see some of the truly horrific things that happen to people, many of whom will worship a god, why would the entity let that happen? Of course, it can then be argued they'll have everlasting life in heaven, fine if you buy into all these concepts.

I recall the story of an elderly nun in Italy, had selflessly served god for decades, her entire adult life. One evening a guy entered the church and raped the nun, I think she died shortly afterwards. Now as I say, some will assert 'it's gods plan, she'll be in heaven now' and as I say, who am I to argue. However I think a bit more simplistically. If god is real, and given this nun served him for a lifetime, this was her earthly reward? Surely if god is all powerful he could have forced the guy to keep walking past the church.

I remember reading about the Aberfan disaster, any residual beliefs I had about the existence of God, then disappeared.

If you think too deeply about it, it's difficult to see the point of anything. I mean it's all a bit pointless really.
If you want to talk about it, you can find my email in my profile.

Sponsored Links
Back