SV150 recoil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just pulled rope straight out of recoil.
New item ordered but can the item I have be sorted until the new one arrives.

I mean looking at the spring shape etc.

Attachments

• 2764D54D-58B1-4144-8EFB-5F5E06B7B03F.jpeg
    2764D54D-58B1-4144-8EFB-5F5E06B7B03F.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
At least the spring is complete!
The inner end of the spring is distorted and wont engage in the recoil centre part anymore - it requires bending back into shape, but there is a chance of breakage.
You can reduce the chance of this happening again by using a longer recoil rope.
John :)

Chance I need to take. a few questions.

I did so it once but didn’t see how to stop it unwinding Whilst I put black cover back in mower.

Plan B as I need this tomorrow, how else can I start it if this dont work.

Notice how the spring is held in the outside, where it bends back on itself.....the same needs to be done with the inner part, and if the spring is wound up tight it should remain there.
Starting the thing without the recoil is nigh on impossible, I’m afraid.

Sponsored Links
Ive wound it up and felt resistance as I did so.

Now if I let go when I’m putting it back on top the engine it will then unwind.

Or did I wind wrong way.
understand me

When you replace the centre piece, with the pawls that connect to the motor, are you winding it anticlockwise? It does sound like you are winding it the wrong way.

Never mind mind as now the spring is out and uncoiled.

But now I can only run it on choke.
If I move throttle lever towards hare then down to tortoise you can hear it’s going to die so I need to then move it back towards choke symbol.

On throttle cable adjustment do I pull the black outer sheath back towards rear wheels or forwards towards front wheels.
I’ve been moving it both ways and no real gain.

Typically, the outer sheath of the cable is pulled towards the rear wheels, and then the cable clamp is tightened.
I guess this is another problem not connected to the recoil starter, but if the machine will only work on choke then its a carburettor jet problem.

OK
Ive now decided to wind up rope manually put on engine & pull.
This starts so i will just keep doing this untill the new part arrives.

Regards starting, i will need to take off the carb and clean it.
I dont know why this has happened as i cleaned it only 1 month ago & have a new filter in the fuel line.
Having said that i noticed some oil come out from bottom of air filter.
I did undo the drain on the carb & then do it up again just in case some oil was there but it looked ok.

I also removed carb and sprayed it but didnt take it apart etc.
Why would the oil stop it from running etc if this is the raeson ??

I cut 5 big lawns this afternoon fine then this ????

When you get oil in the air cleaner it’s usually because the machine has been tipped onto its side, rather than back on the handles.
The element needs to be cleaned with a solvent if it’s foam, or replaced if it’s paper.
Don’t overfill with oil!

Its because i moved it on its side.
Air filter is foam.

Can i was it out in warm soapy water ?

I also run mower with air filter off but still the same.

So will this oils situation be why it will only run on choke ?

Hot soapy water is great for cleaning out the oil from the foam filter, just dry it afterwards.
The machine will smoke a bit once its been on its side but that will clear after a few minutes and shouldn't stop it revving or running without choke. Check the oil level as some oil will have been lost.
It looks like you have a carb blockage again, unfortunately but don't do anything until the smoke has cleared.
Have you adjusted the throttle cable once more, so the throttle lever actually does something?

The smoke cleared this afternoon & i was able to do another 2 lawns after this, then this issue started.

I have adjusted the cable so i am now able to select choke etc.
I say that if not adjusted correct the lever wont go all the way to the choke logo also same other way.
I mean i can adjust it say too much and it wont run at all.
So now i have it so it runs and the lever is by choke logo

OK so long as the engine can run at its maximum RPM the carburettor is fine and doesn't need to be touched....your issue is with the cable adjustment, I think.

Engine can run at full rpm i would say.
As soon as i move the lever tpwards the tortoise then engine obvously starts to slow down but within no time it then dies unless i put the lever back where it was

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back