Swann 4200 dvr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So got a dvr (not new ) was aware of a fault which is when the hhd if full it just stops, it doesn’t re write over .iv been in settings and checked the box is ticked to re write over anyone any ideas to fix thanks

Sponsored Links
Could you take the HDD out, and delete it?

Are the recording being write protected and the write protection needs to be removed.

There are no recordings on it / it has been wiped so I’m thinking once it’s full it’s formatted (if that’s the way you would wipe it ) and if it is write protected how would you remove this ??

No, formatting sets out the blank sectors to be written upon with data. A quick format just deletes the file table, a full format does the whole disk, but takes much longer. You were complaining that the DVR were suggesting the HDD was full, now you are saying it is blank.

Is the HDD perhaps corrupted? Formating might sort that out, if you can plug it into a PC and work out the correct format to use.

Write protected, was my suggestion based on the drive being full of recording with you suggesting you could not write to it. Write protection would be on an individual file by file basis, rather than the entire HDD.

Sponsored Links
Thanks what I’m trying to say is I got the dvr with a fault
HDd at the moment is clear nothing on it but have been told when it gets full it doesn’t re write
All relevant boxes are ticked to re write but for some reason it won’t re write
When I also go on device S.M.A.R.T
It does say status good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back