Swap FCU for plug and socket thoughts please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a jump starter, with a built in 300 VA inverter, with 12 AH VRLA battery inside, boiler is a Wooster Bosch 20 kW oil boiler, two pumps, and two motorised valves although in an emergency only one of each would be used. I hope it would never be required, but swapping the FCU to a plug and socket would mean I could power the boiler off a power pack or small generator with easy, using the jump start leads and my spare 95 AH AGM spare battery it should last quite some time.

However I have heard how some boilers don't like inverters, likely due to lack of proper earth? But seems prudent to ask if anyone else has tried powering a boiler from a power pack and if it worked?

Sponsored Links
Interested in this too. Expecting a lot more people to be asking this question in the coming months.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back