switch pics

Sponsored Links
Indeed the isolation switch has been by-passed.
If you look inside the front cover it looks like the wiring diagrams are there.

The contactor and overload are both missing. You will need an entire replacement DOL starter matched to the size of your motor.

Was it ever wired in, assuming the armourflex is the supply, i cannot see no knockouts removed for the outgoing cables.

used to see similar in pubs where proper float switch controlled sump pump motors conk out and someones fitted a plug in sump pump, by cutting plug off and joining, usually temporary fix that gets forgotten and left

Sponsored Links
I thought that may be the case, but would have made sense to put the wire via the hole if there so the cover would fit back.
People do seem to do some odd things though.

Im wondering now if the black leads the supply.
im assuming this is the piller drill in his other post

I thought that may be the case, but would have made sense to put the wire via the hole if there so the cover would fit back. People do seem to do some odd things though.
Agreed, it would be very odd.
Im wondering now if the black leads the supply. im assuming this is the piller drill in his other post
Yes, I assume the same. I must say that I would have thought that the black cable at the copy (going through that armour) was going to the drill, and that the mess at the bottom was the supply.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back