tail repair / replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Does a customer need a certificate for replacing tails or simply repairing them? By repairing i mean terminating properly another bodge job left by previous owner.
Tails to the meter have about 0.5cm exposed in the brown tail before it goes in terminal.

I just want to know what to expect when i call someone to sort it but i also know they atre not allowed to touch the meter so should the supplier sort this? It wouls save me from having to book an appointment for the supplier and a spark at the same time, not the easiest of things to do...

Sponsored Links
If the terminals are sealed then only the DNO should work on it.
If it is one of those meters with an accessable set of terminals and an isolator then you may do it.

it is a disk type meter with a screwed plate covering the terminals but no isolator.

Are you implying i could call the dno to sort?

Yep - they are the only ones that can carry out work on their meter.

Sponsored Links
most of the meters i see on domestic installs have the seal "missing" from the terminal block and the new tails into the meter.
This is in the scotish power area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back