Talking NHS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm very critical about the NHS. All be it there are some very good caring people that work there. Some not so...

Any way two experiences this week.

1. My GP sent me for and chest scan up my local Hospital. No appointment just turn up and book in.
Can't say much about the staff just that I was in and out in 10 minutes. Absolutely brilliant... like clock work.

2. My girl cut her leg up the zoo today.
Took her to my local childrens A&E
From start to finish which was less than an hour everyone was brilliant and efficient.

Maybe something is happening.

Sponsored Links
I cut my finger badly on a knife last month. Went to my nearest minor injuries unit. 10 minute wait. Went in and was back out in 15 minutes. Most of the time spent chatting with the nurse about allotments.

Last October had a regular check for my watch and wait prostate cancer. Appointment letter said telephone appointment 20 April. Booked and took my blood test no problem. Had several texts and emails reminding me of my face to face appointment with consultant at outpatient 3, Queens hospital. Phoned up the day before to check and face to face appointment was confirmed. Next day had a call from St Georges - it was a telephone appointment after all! I have heard of people getting the phone call whist in the waiting room of the hospital.

I cut my finger badly on a knife last month. Went to my nearest minor injuries unit. 10 minute wait. Went in and was back out in 15 minutes. Most of the time spent chatting

Was you thinking about foraging down her allotment ? Filthy old man...

Was you thinking about foraging down her allotment ? Filthy old man...
Her lady garden wasn't mentioned! It was when I had that blister on the palm of my hand. She asked how I got it, I told her I got it planting spuds and there was no stopping her!

Sponsored Links
Her lady garden wasn't mentioned! It was when I had that blister on the palm of my hand. She asked how I got it, I told her I got it planting spuds and there was no stopping her!

Are you telling me that she got her spuds out after she closed her curtains?

Last edited:
I waited 18 months (Lord Covid fault) for a telephone appointment with a consultant.
On the day I stayed home all day that for me is a rarity.
No call.
I called 26 times to confirm they knew about my appointment and every time they said they were running late.
They then claimed I didn't answer the phone and they left 3 messages on voicemail.
I don't have voicemail!
Embarrassed by this revelation they booked a face to face appointment with a fantastic consultant, the best I've ever seen.
I think the problem with nhs is that there are 50% of people who don't see patients and mess everything up for the other 50% who want to help patients.
In other words, maladministration.

In lockdown and the middle of my treatment I walked to my local Hospital/Cancer day care. I needed liquid I was dehydrated and not in a good way.
I was told in an empty room that they could not fit me in short notice and told to go A&E.
"A&E do not know how to deal with a Pic line" I told them..

"Yes they do" she said. I know they didn't because I was there the previous Friday.

I had blood coming out my arse and totally drained.
If you won't do this then I'll have to drive a 70 mile round trip for Addenbrookes to put me right.... I was by now F in and blinding. We were both in tears... I then had a calming drive to Cambridge (after walking home)

The problem with the NHS is Tories use it as a way to siphon off tax revenue into private healthcare and into the pockets of Tory MPs and their mates.

Revealed: A fifth of new Tory MPs have worked as lobbyists
New MPs include lobbyists for banks, private healthcare and arms manufacturers
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/da...led-fifth-new-tory-mps-have-worked-lobbyists/

Revealed: The links between Tory MPs and the people profiting from NHS privatisation
Rich privateers with their eyes on our National Health Service donate to Conservative MPs
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/o...ople-profiting-from-nhs-privatisation-213827/

number of Conservative MPs and peers have second jobs or interests in private healthcare firms – some of which have benefited from Government contracts during the Coronavirus pandemic, the Byline Intelligence Team can reveal.

Eight private healthcare providers were paid [URL='https://goodlawproject.org/news/private-hospitals-billion-pandemic/']£1.69 billion
by NHS England for bed capacity during the early stages of the crisis. These firms included:Circle Health, Spire Healthcare Limited, Ramsay Health, Nuffield Health, HCA Healthcare UK, Care UK, Aspen Healthcare and Practice Plus. They were paid for capacity not activity.

The Conservative peer Lord John Nash – who has donated more than £237,000 to the Conservative Party since 2010 – is the ex-chairman of, and a shareholder in, Care UK, according to his register of interests

[/URL]
https://bylinetimes.com/2021/11/12/the-conservative-partys-private-healthcare-patrons/

Did you know that a dozen Tory MPs including Health Secretary Sajid Javid benefit from links to private health firms

https://twitter.com/nhsmillion/status/1515468483244535812

There's a lot of money to be made off the NHS

If a private company buys a few Tory MPs for a million quid

They expect to make a substantial profit on their investment

I cut my finger badly on a knife last month. Went to my nearest minor injuries unit. 10 minute wait. Went in and was back out in 15 minutes. Most of the time spent chatting with the nurse about allotments.

Last October had a regular check for my watch and wait prostate cancer. Appointment letter said telephone appointment 20 April. Booked and took my blood test no problem. Had several texts and emails reminding me of my face to face appointment with consultant at outpatient 3, Queens hospital. Phoned up the day before to check and face to face appointment was confirmed. Next day had a call from St Georges - it was a telephone appointment after all! I have heard of people getting the phone call whist in the waiting room of the hospital.
15minutes? cant have been that bad.

15minutes? cant have been that bad.
Bad enough - quite deep but stopped just short of the tendon apparently. Butterfly stitches.

F808537A-1274-43BD-A7D0-A32B420EC9D6.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back