Tap shuts off when hose connected

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. When I connect my expanding hose to my bath tap. The tap shuts off like it's blocked or like your finger is blocking it. However there are no blockages, the valves are all open but the hose will not expand as the water cuts off at the tap. Please help...

Sponsored Links
Do you have a loft and a big cold water cistern in it? If so, that'll be gravity feeding your bath and there won't be enough pressure to expand the hose.

Yes there is. My kitchen taps are on the mains but I have a mixer tap that the connector won't fit to.
I have a copper pipe coming from mains to toilet cistern. Could I fit some kind of valve/connector for the hose pipe to it?..

Sponsored Links
What type of connector is it? Can you post a pic?

What are you using the hose for, if it's for outside use then it may be an idea to consider an outside tap from the mains with a connector that it can plug straight onto?

Not an option. 2nd floor. Got a mixer tap connector and have just watered the garden and cleaned the slabs beautifully. Loads of pressure, hose works good, thanks to you all for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back