Tariffs...

Funny really. No leaver has told us what is really good about leaving. It's all vague references to taking back control, setting own laws, being free to make trade deals (that is somehow better than the bloody good ones the EU negotiates). Nothing concrete at all. Just the hope that it will work out OK. But we all know that already. Same old same old.

Anyway, we're not leaving. Sir Boris will save the country at the eleventh hour.

remember:

"This is a market on our doorstep, ready for further exploitation by British firms. The membership fee seems rather small for all that access. Why are we so determined to turn our back on it?" - Sir Boris Johnson, Saviour of England and Great Britain.

Sponsored Links
If it was just trade, like it was in the very beginning, nobody would mind being in but its all the s hit, rules and laws that's been added over the years that ****es the British public off. It's as if it's all been stealthily added, bit by bit, to make it deliberately difficult for anybody to leave.

Last edited:
Examples?
Many of the laws came from British law. We helped create the rules. The things that upset the public are often just nonsense published in tabloids, like the fake news about bananas.
We need laws and rules, that's how governments work.

I didn't say we didn't need laws and rules. We don't need theirs - they are not our government. Not going to get in an argument about it but all we joined the common market for was to trade with other countries. The end.

Sponsored Links
You still haven't said which ones you don't like.

Can't you name even one?

Oh, here are some: https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...lloons-toasters-bananas-lightbulbs-pet-horses

This is a good one: "Under a bizarre EU law, it is illegal for people to eat pet horses but they are still allowed to eat other types of horses."
Does this mean that the Express things it is OK for people to eat pets? So, I could eat the editors dog, and he won't mind? Strange people.

Then there's "Brexit campaigner and Tory MP Boris Johnson proclaimed that “ludicrous” EU rules mean that “children under eight cannot blow up balloons”."
Except, he totally made it up.

Or is it "that barmy EU rules mean that “you can’t recycle a tea bag”."?
Oh, he totally made that up as well.

Every article written about barmy EU laws in the Express is made up by some hair brained journalist on a slow news day.
None of this stuff is really happening in the EU, it's all the figment of the imagination of the Express, Johnson and other Leavers.

who bailed out RBS? Germany? France? Romania? No, the UK did.

But, bearing in mind that we'll never recover the £45 billion of tax payers money used to bail it out, would you not prefer to share that bill with some other governments?
It was indeed the UK government who has splashed out our cash on bailing out our banks...

And yet you appear to be totally confused as to whether you want out of the EU in order to avoid their 'banking crisis', but prefer to share our debts with other countries...

You make absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Not going to get in an argument about it
Code for, 'I can't actually tell you exactly which EU laws I object to because I can't find one that actually has a direct negative effect on my life'...

It's the standard quitter 'ignorance clause' :LOL:

But if we leave the EU, I suppose you expect to get that 55 billion back, despite it as you say being 'capitalised' (owned) by individual countries?
(Germany alone has 35x that amount in the ECB, just to put things into perspective)

Because nowhere has that been proposed...

So our money stays in, but we have no say about how it is used...

So I'm right then, we will be involved in future bailouts.

Did the unicorns tell you that? :LOL:

No, someone in the City.

Sponsored Links
Back