Terrible sight in the pub tonight !

Sponsored Links
Possibly. If say Tesco, had a political policy of only buying (and offering for sale) goods produced from certain countries, or following certain criteria, then by continuing to do business with them, you are, implicitly, accepting their political decisions.
You don't have to. You can decide not to accept their political decisions and refuse to do business with them. or you could just shrug your shoulders and accept it, i.e. a not bothered attitude.
But this is from the consumers POV.
My original comment was that it is not good business practice to insist on your customers accepting your political decisions, unless those decisions are based on genuine concerns, like the health and welfare of the producers, an ethical policy.
If you only offer your consumers a limited range of goods, you are reducing your customer base, and that is not good business practice, unless you are presenting an ethical business model and targeting the ethically minded consumer.

:rolleyes::LOL:

Jeez us wept :LOL:

Just how desperate are you prove a point.......very it seems.

Gosh, I had a meal at an Indian restaurant the other day. That must mean Im converting to Hindu :ROFLMAO:
More distortion, and silliness.
a) were the restaurateurs Hindu?
b) did they insist on you eating food approved by the Hindu religion?
c) did you know it was a Hindu restaurant?
d) did the food originate from a Hindu country?

etc

etc.

Sponsored Links
I don't know of anyone who shops according to the political tendencies of the retailer. Who could be bothered to research it in any case.

I'm pretty certain that if you dug deep enough you would find summat against every outlet you attempted to shop at.

I don't know of anyone who shops according to the political tendencies of the retailer. Who could be bothered to research it in any case.

I'm pretty certain that if you dug deep enough you would find summat against every outlet you attempted to shop at.
I wouldn't disagree.
My original point was that it is not a "top" business model to restrict the goods available to your customers based on your political beliefs.
Perhaps I could have said (worded it better) by saying "accept" rather than "follow".
Nothing 'top' about insisting your customers follow your company's political dogma, or go elsewhere with their business.

Fine tipple when chilled. Had myself one in spoons last night. Does that mean Tim will sell Belgian beer as long as it brewed here?
He sells guiness, magners cider,hop house lager (Irish) not sure if they are made in the UK , was going to say San miguel but found out it's a Filipino beer. A heck of a lot of beers are made in the UK, most of the bottled lagers in Indian restaurants are made in UK.

Have we decided that Tim's public announcement about not selling EU produced drinks in Weatherspoons was merely a publicity exercise, and he has no intention of fulfilling it?

No, he said he will honour existing contracts.
Any idea how long those contracts will last?

The boss of UK pub chain JD Wetherspoon, Tim Martin, an outspoken supporter of Brexit, has removed all European wines and beers from its 900 pubs in favour of bottles from the UK, US, Australia and Chile.
Wines from France, Italy and Germany have been removed from its pubs, along with a third of draught beers from the European Union, including Denmark’s Tuborg, Germany’s Erdinger and the Czech Republic’s Staropramen.

An exception to the cull is Belgian lager Stella Artrois, which will remain on draught.

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2...s-removes-european-wines-and-beers-from-pubs/
He is apparently misled on the tax rates. I would have thought he would know best.
“Many of our tax rates for pubs and brewers are actually set at a European level, so we hope the Government will use Britain’s departure from the EU as an opportunity to review that system.​
The major part of the tax on alcoholic drinks are applied by the UK.
upload_2019-3-3_14-32-35.png

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_custo...cohol-tobacco-energy/excise-duties-alcohol_en
Edit A hectolitre is 100 litres.
Therefore the EU rate for a 10% beer is minimum 10 X 0.748 euros per 100 litres
Which is 0.0748€ per litre.
upload_2019-3-3_14-33-12.png

https://www.wsta.co.uk/resources/facts-figures

I really don't expect the UK to lower the duty on those drinks post Brexit.

Last edited:
More distortion, and silliness.
a) were the restaurateurs Hindu?
b) did they insist on you eating food approved by the Hindu religion?
c) did you know it was a Hindu restaurant?
d) did the food originate from a Hindu country?

etc

etc.
Entirely relevant, you said a person would have to accept the political dogma of the pubs owner if you go into Wetherspoons.

So by logic if I go to an Indian restaurant, I will hsve to accept their religion.

Oh dear Himmie is wrong.....again. :ROFLMAO:

Entirely relevant, you said a person would have to accept the political dogma of the pubs owner if you go into Wetherspoons.

So by logic if I go to an Indian restaurant, I will hsve to accept their religion.

Oh dear Himmie is wrong.....again. :ROFLMAO:
Only by your logic and as we have seen your credibility is shot to pieces.

Stay clear of foreign grub is my advice

Stick to traditional British grub

Pizza , curries , kebabs , roasts

Fish and chips ect

Chinese grub ??? They eat dogs so u never know if ???

Sponsored Links
Back