Tesco fuel stations

Tesco's Newbury

Out of 12 pumps 5 out of action and to add insult to injury the one I finally got to the PAP receipt not working so had to go in and get the assistant out to get one done. She moaned about them always breaking down too!

Will post more as I see them on my travels.

That reminds me of when I first did my DOMS training, and was sent on my first call to a petrol station. Was the last major petrol station before the entry to the M55, to leave Blackpool, (DOMS is the interface between the pumps, and the computer),

All it was was a sticking key on the register, so I just said, I'll jump in, pull the keytop off, quick spray with wd40, and be on my way..., as a newbie, No no no was the reply, this is our only till, we need to close. For several moments the words did not register...wha!? Next thing cones are blocking the entrance, everything shuts down, and a traffic jam starts..

So me on my first job, it's a sticking key on a computer keyboard, they have a cap over the keyboard, as any key can be programmed with any command, like changing the language on your PC to Russian etc..all eyes on me..a little squirt of air, a cleanup, job done, the place was closed for 30 minutes! The traffic was backed up for miles.

Somebody also mentioned a problem with scanner scales? They get out of calibration, and have to be tested every day, but they do go wrong. Especially the teller leaning across them all day, they recalibrate.

But the way to reprogram them is quite strange. You have a book of barcodes, and you enter them in a specific way. The really odd thing is that the scanner scales speak back - no really! to confirm that the code has been identified.

So the thought of scanning milk, and the scanner says 'moo', bacon, baa, or pate umph! isn't so far removed. It can be done.

Sponsored Links
Back