Texacom Bell Box & Panel Wiring - Alternative config nee

Run two sounders from the panel. One as a SAB the other a SCB. The diagrams are there.
Run all other peripherals from the PSU. So any extra Strobe units can be powered from the PSU with a relay to shunt the power away from the panel.

Master Blasters are the loudest sirens on the market, dont see where that was a **** take. Not our fault you didnt understand or Google them.

Ever heard the saying "dont bite the hand that feeds you"?

Sponsored Links
Run two sounders from the panel. One as a SAB the other a SCB. The diagrams are there.
Run all other peripherals from the PSU. So any extra Strobe units can be powered from the PSU with a relay to shunt the power away from the panel.

Master Blasters are the loudest sirens on the market, dont see where that was a p**s take. Not our fault you didnt understand or Google them.

Ever heard the saying "dont bite the hand that feeds you"?

Hi Alarm

My apologies for the misunderstanding, (its me getting tired now after all the trunking and cabling in my spare time) entirely my fault and thanks for the comments on the relay.

I have the Installation Manuals that came with the Veritas Panel and Ody Bell boxes, which really make no suggestions on wiring an extra PSU other than saying you can use the Aux tamper connections for the Tamp switch on the PSU cover.

Could you please clarify the for me the remaining connections for this relay you mentioned and to the bell boxes.

Thanks

What are you using again?

Two oddeys and how many other strobe units?

Too tired to go back thru everything :cool:

What are you using again?

Two oddeys and how many other strobe units?

Too tired to go back thru everything :cool:

Thanks Alarm

I have 2 Ody 1 and 3 Ody 1E, thats it.

I was intending to use the 1Es operating the strobe and comfort leds only as "silent" boxes

Sponsored Links
Right use the 1`s from the panel one as SAB one as SCB the diagram is in the leaflets in the box.

Then using another output, or the strobe still as a relay will not kill it.
Connect a relay coil to the hard pos of the panel and the strobe output.
Then in series connect the hard pos of the PSU to the 1E strobes, and the hard neg thru the realy to them. Also a hard neg to them as well to run the leds. With the Pos linked to the strobe and hold off.

With this you could also run the 1E`s as SCB`s and have the lot ringing in alarm. This would mean a 6 core minimum to the 1E`s.

Hope thats clear.

Right use the 1`s from the panel one as SAB one as SCB the diagram is in the leaflets in the box.

Then using another output, or the strobe still as a relay will not kill it.
Connect a relay coil to the hard pos of the panel and the strobe output.
Then in series connect the hard pos of the PSU to the 1E strobes, and the hard neg thru the realy to them. Also a hard neg to them as well to run the leds. With the Pos linked to the strobe and hold off.

With this you could also run the 1E`s as SCB`s and have the lot ringing in alarm. This would mean a 6 core minimum to the 1E`s.

Hope thats clear.

Thanks Alarm

I will do a diagram shortly this afternoon following what you said, to check my understanding and then upload it for you to check over, if thats OK.

DOES THIS SOUND OK

I could not find quickly how to upload the circuit diagram but I will try to describe it using the diagrams in the manuals.

Connections to MAIN PANEL
solenoid coil - one end to SAB strobe term - the other end to SW+

Connections to PSU
Main +ve to Ody 1E term "A"
Main -ve to Ody 1E term "D"
Main -ve to one solenoid switch contact
the other solenoid switch contact to Ody 1E term "S" (strobe)
All 3 Ody 1E Boxes wired identical

(My full system is wired with 8 core to allow for some futureproofing)

As an Automobile engineer I am familiar with the small popular 12v four terminal relays but I would not know what to get for this Alarm relay. Is there any particular relay to ask for or specify.

Thanks
Dennis

Looking good, but the coil rather than a SW+ make it to a hard POS.

Maplins do a relay that is easy if you can solder, I think they might even have a base but I always solder.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/2a-dpdt-bt-type-47-equivalent-relay-37522

Always have a few of them in the tool box , pre wired.

Thanks Alarm

The link for the relay is appreciated.

Sorry about my lack of knowledge on Alarm terms.
Can you please tell me which letter and block on the Veritas Panel is the "hard POS".

It looks as though no common Neg between the PSU and the Veritas panel is needed or desired, but perhaps you could confirm since others in earlier post emphasied it as important to link the two ?

Thanks

Sorry, you do indeed have to have a common negative.

The hard positive can be any pure supply rather than a switched one, like the PIR positive supply.

Sorry, you do indeed have to have a common negative.

The hard positive can be any pure supply rather than a switched one, like the PIR positive supply.

Can you please check me on these.

HARD POS FOR RELAY
So would you go for Aux +, or is SAB +12v regarded as hard positive.

COMMON NEG
To get the common negative if I link the PSU neg to the main panel Aux neg is that correct.

TO WORK SOUNDER IN THESE 1E boxes in SCB if needed
Do I connect term "B" and "S" together, then move the box SCB jumper to SCB position.

TAMP CIRCUIT
Global Tamp method as shown in the manual.

Thanks again

Aux 12vdc

Yes

As per the diagram series the power and triggers (Bell) and SCB the jumpers.

Yes but remember to "go thru" the 2nd and 3rd" and follow the 1st and 2nd as your 1st and 4th if that makes sense.

Just to add what is the PSU rated at and will that have enough capacity for the extras and being able to charge a battery?

PS, watch the tamper neg return with that, the panel might WILL struggle to see the return.

You said you have spare cores, it might be a better idea to use the sounder tampers for two of the sounders and use the standard global for the SCB / Strobe units.

PS, watch the tamper neg return with that, the panel might WILL struggle to see the return.

You said you have spare cores, it might be a better idea to use the sounder tampers for two of the sounders and use the standard global for the SCB / Strobe units.

Thanks Alarm

The Panel I have has one pair of Tamp connections in the SAB block and another pair next to the Aux + - connections.

Would it be correct/OK then to use the Two Main Ody1 boxes to the SAB tamp pair (one in SAB and one in SCB) tamper circuits in series (MSW1 to MSW2 to MSW1 to MSW2)

The other Ody 1E boxes and lid Tamper microswitch of the PSU wired into a Global circuit then to the Tamp pair of term next to the Aux + - connections but check the resitance (200mtrs cable)of this to make sure its not excessive and if so, double up the spare cables to lower the resistance.

The PSU is rated at 2Amps and has regulated output.
As far as I can see, each 1E has a total consumption of 450ma of which 300ma is for the sounder. The worst case would be 1.35 Amps with evrything fully powered or 0.45Amp without souders operating. I was tempted to connect the other Ody 1 here and run it in SAB for better volume, what do you think ?

Cheers

All sounds good.
There really isnt a lot of difference in the sounders in SA/SC mode.
Try it to see.

All sounds good.
There really isnt a lot of difference in the sounders in SA/SC mode.
Try it to see.

Thanks Alarm

Your word is good enough for me.

Can you advise on the Commissioning (Initial Power Up) please.
The manual makes no reference to say at what point to connect a PSU battery.

With the final circuitry we have agreed does this affect the Hold Off comments/procedure explained in the manual.

From your experience, are there any special precautions that are not mentioned that you think I should be aware of please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back