Texacom Bell Box & Panel Wiring - Alternative config nee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

I want to set up my system with Excell Panel and 2+ Odyssey sounders (+extra boxes for Strobe and Led functions).

As I spend periods away I do not want Strobes to continue after Sounder has finished.

How can I wire to achieve this please.? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Would imagine the strobe will follow the bell time. could be done if the panel had programmable outputs, but i dont think yours has :?:

Got a few bells only systems that are just strobe on confirm.

You'll have to use the bell trigger output to trigger the strobe too and make sure the panel is programmed with an appropriate bell time.

You'll have to use the bell trigger output to trigger the strobe too and make sure the panel is programmed with an appropriate bell time.

Thanks aptsys

Does this mean I just bridge the connection to feed the strobe with the same feed as the sounder, and ignore the dedicated strobe feed connection from the control panel?

Sponsored Links
Yes ignore the panel strobe output.
Link in the sounders. Use the bell trigger only from panel.

Yes ignore the panel strobe output.
Link in the sounders. Use the bell trigger only from panel.

Thanks Alarm

Additional sounder boxes that I only need to function as "Strobe and Flashing led".

Can you say what connections on the box I should use to do this. ie I do not want the sounder on boxes above the first 2. ?

Thanks for you help.

Then just send power for the LED`s and trigger the strobes from the panel bell output again.

One thing troubling me is your going to overload the bell output.
You will probably need a relay and run from another PSU with a common neg.

Have a read of the installer manual , programmable options 00 , there is an option to cancel the strobe at the same time as the bell, far easier than messing about with the wiring or relays..and you can still use strobe confirmation if you wish.
Set one bellbox as SAB and one as SCB , then you wont have any worries about overloading the panel.

Have a read of the installer manual , programmable options 00 , there is an option to cancel the strobe at the same time as the bell, far easier than messing about with the wiring or relays..and you can still use strobe confirmation if you wish.
Set one bellbox as SAB and one as SCB , then you wont have any worries about overloading the panel.

Thanks Denford

I am shortly due to purchase and like the look of the Texacom gear, the PCB in the sounder seems well specd for weather protection. At the moment I only have access to a limited amount of sales info about the Control Unit so was unaware of this.

Good of you to let me know about the option to cancel the strobe at the same time as the bell.

Is there a limit to the number of additional boxes that can be used/charged in SCB mode ?

If not I could probably set all the additional ones to sound as well. On the site where I am, due to the size and irregular shape of the building and approaches to it, it needs a total of 5 to be a good visual deterrent but probably only 2 for sound.

Reread the post, he wants two Oddy`s and other sounders/strobes. The outputs have a limit.
However you run the timers for.

Reread the post, he wants two Oddy`s and other sounders/strobes. The outputs have a limit.
However you run the timers for.

What I was not sure about is:

1. whether it causes the control panel any harm or problems recharging the internal sounder box battery on 1 or 4 extra units, or is it that it causes the panel no harm - but just takes 4 times longer to charge. (Similar to a car trickle charger on a small or large battery) ?

2. How much power is consumed by each Strobe, so that the total consumption of these can be calculated and added to the power consumption of the SAB box. ?

Strobes will draw 220ma, thats just the oddys. Without sounders going.
Add the rest and other consumables and your panel is dead meat.

You will need more power, forget what others have said. YOU WILL NEED IT.

Try it without and see what happens.

The panel has certain power for itself, its detectors, sounders. Drain one too much, the rest suffer.

Then add all together and see how long the battery would last in alarm in a power cut. Or how long it would just hold up supporting all the batteries its got connected.

agreed, first thought a max of 2 not 5.

As Alarm, you are going to be needing that extra power.

Hey Alarm.. I'll re-read the post , but you should read the manual. :D

The strobes in the Odyssey sounders draw 110mA each, and the sounders draw 300 or 425mA each depending on whether you use the Odyssey 1e/2e/3e/4e or 1/2/3/4 respectively.

The maximum TOTAL current draw from the panel is 1A, and outputs for the strobe and sounder are each rated for 1A. You will probably need a second PSU to drive multiple sounders once you take into account the quiescent current of the panel, keypads, comms any anything else on there.

Do you really need more than 2 external bell boxes? Is the Veritas the best choice?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back