Texecom Area Reset Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Premier Elite 64...

Tested my alarm yesterday before putting up the alarm sounder box up on the wall and had trouble resting the Area A after the test - had to go into Wintex to reset the area.

Tried Engineers and User codes but the keyboard seemed to be stuck in telling me I need to reset the area and would not respond to any codes or me pressing the 'Rest' on the Keyboard.

I have messed with the Area Option hand have come to these settings.

upload_2018-10-14_10-41-23.png

upload_2018-10-14_10-42-20.png

Save me setting of the alarm again to see if my setting are correct does anyone know if the setting above will enable me to rest the area from the Keyboard from both Engineer and User codes?

Regards,

Bob...

Sponsored Links
Firstly what was the error you couldn’t reset.

Secondly look at a default profile and re program the options that way.

Then list what you want to do.

This isn’t the sort of panel to be fiddling around with to be honest.

Firstly to do a reset via the keypad you enter your code and repeat your code until you get into the menus and then press reset to exit.

Antipode reset allows an anticode to be used to reset the system instead of an engineers code, turn this off and panel is engineers resetable.

Turn off all resets and panel becomes user resettable, rather than engineers ressetable.

answers and questions inline

(Firstly what was the error you couldn’t reset.)

It said 'Area needs resetting' then indicated Area 'A' - I only have one area set up.

(Secondly look at a default profile and re program the options that way.)

How can I get a 'default profile'? I started with programming using the Keypad but found that a pain in the bottom - so I connected with Wintex - Not really knowing what I was doing with Wintex I uploaded instead of downloaded and ended up blanking out my configuration. Had to take down all the detectors to connect them to the control unit again and start with a blank control box. To reset the box and start again would be another pain in the bottom!!

(Then list what you want to do.)

I have a list but some of the options are quite ambiguous to a novice.

(This isn’t the sort of panel to be fiddling around with to be honest.)

If the settings and options were explained better in the install manual then it would be much easier (Again for the novice)

(Firstly to do a reset via the keypad you enter your code and repeat your code until you get into the menus and then press reset to exit.)

So one has to keep repeating the code entry until the system responds - not very good programming? How many times should one expect to enter the code before the system responds?

(Antipode reset allows an anticode to be used to reset the system instead of an engineers code, turn this off and panel is engineers resetable.)

I understand that an Anticode is given by the monitoring company to stop someone from resetting the unit without them knowing about it - i'm guessing!!!

So if Anticode is not ticked (Area code Option 13) then it is resetable using the Engineers code?

(Turn off all resets and panel becomes user resettable, rather than engineers ressetable.)

Turn of codes 10,11,12,13, and 35 like I have done and the unit is resettable using the User Code only?

Regards,

Bob...

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/texecom-area-reset-problems.510691/#ixzz5TzC0WMS5

BTW: my wife got up before me this morning and was making breakfast when I heard what I thought was the Alarm system box beeping!!! OMG I thought what has she done - so I dashed down from the bathroom to try and stop the sounder box from going off only to find it was the dustbin lorry reversing with a warning beeper that sounds just like the alarm box beeper. LoL

Take care,

Bob...

Sponsored Links
normally if an Area needs a reset a fault has to have occurred first.

The fault will continue to show if:-
1. the condition still exists
2. you have disabled a function, so the unit isn't able to update the correct status.

In the event log is the next place for you to look to see what issues you have had recently.

open Wintex twice or once and print off the settings for a new account.
Basically Wintex has the default values stored when you setup a new account, you can always delete that afterwards.

Hi Secureiam,

Thanks so much for your help - I opened a new account in Wintex and printed out the settings and compared them with my own setting and found quite a few differences (Area, User and Global settings). I have now set my system to what Wintex uses as its standard set apart from a few I knew I wanted to change like some of the part arm and instant arm without entering a code settings.

The problem I had was from a test run of the system before I put up the sound box on the outside wall. I set the alarm on and triggered it by walking in to my front room to see if it sounded - it did - I found I could stop the sounder with the user code but then I found I could not Reset Area 'A' (I only have one Area) with the the User or Engineer codes??

I ended up having to go into Wintex and reset the area from there.

Is there anyway I can test the system by triggering one of the detectors without sounding the alarm so I can now test to see if I can not reset the area from the keyboard?

I have also set the Entry and Exit tones from the Panel and off from the Keyboard. I have a wireless keyboard and I thought this will help save the batteries.

Again, Thanks for all your help and experience.

Regards,

Bob...

yes its possible but just look in the event log you should have enough data to see what was going on. No areas assigned to bell box bell box shouldn't trigger.

setting the alarm off is user resettable at default
tamper, confirmed etc are engineer resettable at default

you told me you have all these turned off, ie no areas assigned so you must be able to reset these faults.

when a fault or alarm condition occurs, entering the user code should silence the alarm and display system alerts after showing the fault or alarm, enter your code again before it stops scrolling through should take you into menus and then allow you to reset the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back