Texecom Connect SmartCom

I'm digging up my old thread here but I've only just got around to changing it all over and installing the SmartCom:rolleyes: the problem I'm having is that the instructions say to set Com Port 1 as SmartCom and Com Port 2 as ComIP although there doesn't seem to be a SmartCom option to select from the list that I'm given in Wintex, just wondering if I'm missing something?

Sponsored Links
then if you have an elite panel selected for the profile? should be on a version 5 or 6 panel if recently purchased

Sponsored Links
That may well be the problems then, it's an elite panel but just noticed Wintex says the panel version 2.09 but the box says V5 so I'm assuming I'm going to have to flash the panel although I'll need to purchase a lead first

why does the box say version 5 and the panel is a version 2.09 which is probably around 8-10 years old?

I'm not sure but I'm assuming that wintex would show the correct version. Would wintex not show the Smartcom option if the panel doesn't meet the requirements? This may be the joys of purchasing the panel from a well know auction site where it was advertised as new!

You have been had then ….! Did they say it was version 5 when you purchased it or did you assume by what was maybe on the packaging?

Didn't specifically mention it, lesson learned! I'll have to get a flash interface

always ask and a picture of the pcb will show you what version it was when manufactured along with wireless version if built in.

if they said it was new you still could say thats misleading as 8-10 yuears old isnt new by any stretch

That is true but I've now had it nearly 5 months so should of checked earlier.

I've also been connecting a couple of ricochet pir's but for some reason one of them is constantly showing as Active in Wintex and in Alarm in the Ricochet monitor, never seems to change to secure but not sure why?

I think I may have to admit defeat with flashing the panel and get a professional in. I received the cable flashing interface this morning but can't get the flashing software to list the COM Port. I know which COM Port it is as I've have the pc connected to the panel with Wintex without any problems but when I use the same usb cable in the same port to connect the flasher the software doesn't show the COM Port that it is connected to so I'm unable to make a connection to the panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back