Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

With a bit of help from the forum, I have my Elite 24 up and running :). My job for today was to add the Smartcomm module and 32XP-W. The former has gone ok, but I'm stuck at the latter.

The panel recognises the expansion module, however, when it searches for the wireless PIR (sitting next to it), it suggests that I "Power Up The Device", but fails to recognise it after the countdown has elapsed.

I also have no idea where the item on the attached photo goes..........It was included in a bag inside the 32XP-W

Again I am sure I am totally overlooking something here and any guidance would be gratefully received :).

Thanks

Andrew

Attachments

• texecom.jpg
    texecom.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 178
Sponsored Links
You have to insert the battery and short the learn pins at " power up now "
That other item converts the com2400 port to a comm port ( if required)

Hi,

I had the battery in, but did not know about the need to short :). Do you mean short between the auto-learn pins highlighted on the attached photo?

Thanks

Andrew

Attachments

• PIR.jpg
    PIR.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 149
Sponsored Links
That's hilarious, you actually have to put in the battery during the count! Talk about failing at the last hurdle. lol.

Thanks for your help and patience :)

unfortunately, there are groups of devices that learn on in specific ways.

pins shorted put in battery
button pressed in and insert battery
put in the battery during countdown
press the button until it changes to learn...... I think that covers the different types, but it may or may not be complete

Each device does come with its own manual as to how to learn that device on it, although you may need a magnifying glass as some of these manual are tiny.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back