Texecom Errors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

have discovered a few errors today after firing up my alarm, RKP 1,3 Tamper and Faulty Detector (stairs).

Also I keep getting the message on screen "Engineer working on site".

I can reset and then I get my banner screen but cant arm/part arm.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance all.

Sponsored Links
nope only have 2 keypads both on network one.

PIR on stairs is a Texecom Quad

Attachments

• 20150718_110627.jpg
    20150718_110627.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 279
Excuse the cabling I hadnt terminated it all at that point it was all just in place for reference.

Sponsored Links
I need help wiring the RKP tamper, Do I wire that also into the T & R terminals on the panel then link it into T & R in the keypads ?

Thanks

The keypad wiring is a bus/ data network YOU need all 4 wires connected at both ends, also make sure you haven't wired into the output terminal by mistake , I think we have all done that at some stage ! Also check the address switches on the keypad .... All off / one on .... Keypad 1 .....two on ....keypad 2 ..... Two keypads with the same address will cause issues

The address of the keypads 1,3 is network 1 keypad address 3. keypad addresses should be unique on each network (168 panels 2 networks, 640 8 networks, the rest have just 1 network).

Wiring for keypad is network 12V 0V T R (transmit receive).

zones wired into the keypad, there are two zones with 4 terminals each, 2 alarm two tamper, if you wire a device to the zone, need to know if you are using resistor or not and what you have wired up at the device end.

the keypad tamper may need adjusting but it doesnt wire in as such, its just transmitted via the network.

Ive check ed keypads and they are different on the Dip Switches, The RKP's are wired plus and minus black and red and T & R Blue and Yellow leaving me with 2 White and Green but I don't have these connected at either ends... Are they supposed to be ? keypads are working ?

All 4 wires connected power and data.

The address of the keypads 1,3 is network 1 keypad address 3. keypad addresses should be unique on each network (168 panels 2 networks, 640 8 networks, the rest have just 1 network).

Wiring for keypad is network 12V 0V T R (transmit receive).

zones wired into the keypad, there are two zones with 4 terminals each, 2 alarm two tamper, if you wire a device to the zone, need to know if you are using resistor or not and what you have wired up at the device end.

the keypad tamper may need adjusting but it doesnt wire in as such, its just transmitted via the network.

I have A keypad downstairs which has a door contact on zone 1, and a keypad upstairs which has the stairs PIR wired into zone 1. have set this via Wintex - As in RKP zone 1 mapped to zone 2 on panel etc.

Havent used resistors anywhere...

This is what Wintex shows me on diags

Attachments

• tamper.PNG
    tamper.PNG
    116.2 KB · Views: 294
how many wires from your door contact to zone 1 on the keypad (Mapped to zone 2) zone 2 not in use on the panel?

But does the dt have built in resistors ? Can't see from that photo , set of jumpers below the microwave sensor ...

Right Ive got zone 1 on keypad mapped to zone 2 on Panel and Upstairs RKP has zone 1 mapped to Zone 3 on panel which I have set as guard.

As for door contact I have 4 wires, Ive used Black/Red for A and Blue/White for T... Chime isnt working at all so im wondering if the contact is actually working.

No idea about resistors in the PIR, There are Jumpers for the Microwave etc...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back