Texecom Premier 24 - Help re: Connecting to Phone Line

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Ive recently had a premiere 24 installed. At the time we had no phone line, but the installer has left the wires by the phone connection bix and they just need to be kroned in. Ive been told that the unit can not send a txt to a mobile becuase it has no GSM/UMTS unit in it, but what it does is contact a message centre which then sends me the txt.

Not too sure how all this works.

I can krone the alarm into the phone line, no problem. But what happens then??

How does the alarm know who to call, and how do the people know who to txt??

Do i have to subscibe??

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to get your mobile phone number programmed into the control panel. This is an engineers function, and unless you have the engineer code and a manual, you will need to contact your installer so that he can program it in and test it for you.

The process at the "message centre" is completely automated and requires no action on your part.

My installer said all i have to do is connect it to the phone line, so i think that he has already put my number in??

Is there anyway that this alarm can send a message to multiple modems??

Using an add on perhaps?

Sponsored Links
try one first.

connect it to a phone line and see what happens.

the two wires should go to 2 & 5 on a phone socket

The picture below shows the NTL phone box. Above this is the internal speaker for the alarm. The installer has ran one white cable... 7 core?? i think? and all the cables go to the internal speaker apart from a red and a black which he has left in the phone box.

he NTL phone box, only has two wires connected to it. the wires are a white and blue stripe and a blue with white stripe. The white and blue are terminated in A and seem to be +v, and the blue with white terminated in B and is -v.

The are 4 wires from NTL which are not terminated at all, the Orange pair and the green pair. ( I have a a feeling that my red and black are supposed to connect to one of these loose non terminated pairs?

The picture below shows the whole thing.

Please note there is a terminal numbered 2 - 5, presumably for the 2 pairs that are not connected? Also in the picture i have connected my red and black up to the blue pair, a & b........ which did nothing!

so you have done what i said, connected them to 2 & 5. now what about the other end, what is the red and black connected to?

Hi,

I have connected it up to the 2 & 5, and nothing happens.

Not too sure what the rd & black are connected to at th other end, i presume they are connected up to the correct ports.

If i open up the control box, it will set the tamper alarm off. Can i as the master user reset the tamper alarm or can it only be reset by the engineer user??

and if you get it working you`ll be back asking about the "buzzing" on your phoneline.

You say an alarm company wired it like that?

its a bodge.

why?

its only got 4 cores conneted, how elese can you do it? two in, two out.

and I was told you were the site expert ............... you cant run the loudspeaker (AC noise) in the same cable as a phone line.

It`s a bodge

i dissagree, admitedly its not ideal BUT:

how are you going to run another cable to the socket when the floor is laminated, so you would have to run 2 cables paralell to each other which would not look nice, and be little differnt than what there is now.

You can only get induction (AC hum as you put it) if there is something to induce it in the first place.

The speaker will not be doing anything while the phone is in use, so if its not doing anything there will be no current or voltage induced in the phone cable, and when the speaker does make noise the current used is very small, and no way would it induce "AC hum" you only get AC hum from AC (usualy mains) if there was mains then yes i would concur, but there isnt.

so please tell me where the "AC hum" will come from?

i dissagree, admitedly its not ideal BUT:

how are you going to run another cable to the socket when the floor is laminated, so you would have to run 2 cables paralell to each other which would not look nice, and be little differnt than what there is now.

Also there will be no "AC hum" on the phone line because there is no AC in first place,and the speaker will not be doing anything while the phone is in use, so if its not doing anything there will be no current or volatge in the cable (Ok there will be a small insignificant amount) but nothing like you make out there is / will be.

okay mate, you know less than my dog, doesnt matter to me, might matter to the O/P - he can make his own mind up.

The speakers also an ungraded item and its not "protected from mechanical damage."

as I said - its a bodge.

I am sorry but you just don't have a clue what you are talking about in respect to alarms and telephones do you.

I am still waiting for you to explain to me where you will get "AC hum" from

all you seem to be able to say is
its a bodge.

You have made 3 posts so far in this topic, each time you have the same answer
its a bodge.

When I mention there is no AC hum you then try and change the subject by saying

whistle said:
The speakers also an ungraded item and its not "protected from mechanical damage.

I am sorry but you really have no idea at all do you. The speaker is inside the white plastic box, there for, it does have mechanical protection

But you havce still not expalined where this "AC hum" will come from

oh, hang on, your answer will be
its a bodge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back