Texecom Premier 24 - Help re: Connecting to Phone Line

O/P - The speaker works on an AC voltage and theres always a "noise" on the cores - it`ll interfer with the phone line and needs to either be rewired and/or you should have the speaker re-sited at the proper height somewhere else - its a bodge

Breezer pal, listen if you wanna keep editting your posts to ask more and more dumb q`s when they occur to you then thats your waste of time.

Sponsored Links
taken from the engineer manual of a 700L

"6 Internal sounders (AC driven 16 ohm Speakers)
The control panel is not fitted with a speaker in the box. It is recommended that
an extension speaker is fitted as it will greatly improve not only volume but also
the range of sounds you will get from the control panel. If internal speakers are
required they should be connected to the terminals marked EXT SPK . A
maximum of two 16 ohm speakers may be fitted in parallel. (see diagram A)"

as said "its a bodge"

Sponsored Links
Once had a call out to noise on the Tell line.

Found the installer had used 2 spare cores in the keypad calble for the phone line. The data off the keypad was causing the noise on the line.

Afaik alarm cable isn't made to go into IDC terminals so this may be one cause of your problems.
I don't like the idea of mixing telecoms and anything else in the same cable either, alarm cable isn't really made to take telecoms - having a voltage bouncing about in a cable running parallel to another pair connected to an alarm panel, even higher when the phone rings doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
Would have been better going direct to the phone box from the panel with the correct 2 pair cable. Do you have broadband through the phone line? (sorry - not up to speed on NTL stuff as we don't have it around here). If you do then the alarm will probably also need to be connected through a micro filter.

whatever you say whistle what ever you say.

But for the intelligent:

Ive recently had a premiere 24 installed.
premier.gif

ck-remote-keypad.jpg

Let me see.

premiere 24

700L

no, i cant do it, no matter how hard i try, they are still not the same panel, but whistle seems to think they are

Found the installer had used 2 spare cores in the keypad calble for the phone line. The data off the keypad was causing the noise on the line.

Oh, and signing up as a different user to give credit to your argument, that doesn't work either.

whistle does it again !, a keypad is now a speaker. (The debate is about phone line and speaker being on the same cable, not phone line and keypad.)

If it helps why not go put your test meter on your speaker and come back with the DC reading

but did you not just say

breezer mate - the loudspeaker is the AC device,

make you mind up will you whistle.

oh and as per usual
whistle said:
its a bodge

At least whistle has stopped trying to change the subject

whistle said:
The speakers also an ungraded item and its not "protected from mechanical damage.

breezer said:
I am sorry but you really have no idea at all do you. The speaker is inside the white plastic box, there for, it does have mechanical protection

Spark123, no, please.

Oh, and signing up as a different user to give credit to your argument, that doesn't work either.
I think you'll find you're barking up the wrong tree there.
Your last post is not quite a true reflection of what was said previously is it.

whatever you say whistle what ever you say.

But for the intelligent:

Ive recently had a premiere 24 installed.
premier.gif

ck-remote-keypad.jpg

Let me see.

premiere 24

700L

no, i cant do it, no matter how hard i try, they are still not the same panel, but whistle seems to think they are

whistle does it again !, a keypad is now a speaker. (The debate is about phone line and speaker being on the same cable, not phone line and keypad.)

If it helps why not go put your test meter on your speaker and come back with the DC reading

but did you not just say

breezer mate - the loudspeaker is the AC device,

make you mind up will you whistle.

oh and as per usual
whistle said:
its a bodge

At least whistle has stopped trying to change the subject

whistle said:
The speakers also an ungraded item and its not "protected from mechanical damage.

breezer said:
I am sorry but you really have no idea at all do you. The speaker is inside the white plastic box, there for, it does have mechanical protection

Spark123, no, please.

breezer mate, no one has any idea what your on about.

I simply point out to the O/P that running phones and speakers in the same cable will cause problems,and because of that and other things one can see in his pictures that the quality of the install is poor to say the least and is "a bodge"

the rest is all in your mind mate.

f

the rest is all in your mind mate.

well, if as you say its in my mind, how come i can use the forum to quote it?

how come when i said

........Oh, and signing up as a different user to give credit to your argument, that doesn't work either.

you go and do it again? (either that or some one here likes you less than i do)

Facts about this topic:

25 replies

9 from whistle, most of which are just argumentative and or contradictions

9 from breezer, 3 before whistle joined the forum

6 of these have been arguments wiith whistle.

Whistle may i suggest that all though you like to argue a point, the odd comment is fine (and yours are odd trust me) you are not helping any OP in any of the posts you have so far made.

may i there for suggest you make your usual comment, followed with a sarcastic comment, and go and amuse yourself elsewhere.

you have been entertaining, but enough is enough

gaz0001,

all this rubbish above aside, what you want is actually the responsibility of your installer, you have paid him after all.

Your post says it all, "Not too sure how all this works." "I can krone the alarm into the phone line, no problem. But what happens then?"
"How does the alarm know who to call, and how do the people know who to txt?" "Do i have to subscibe?"

Get him back to complete the installation as he should, you do it, something goes wrong, you have no come back.
How does he know the dialler will actually connect, it has not been tested, it's his job, not yours.

Having to return to connect / test any form of signalling is a normal part of the alarm trade, done every day.

Facts about this topic:

25 replies

9 from whistle, most of which are just replies to Breezers unprovoked attack on whistles first (and still correct) post argumentative and or contradictions

9 from breezer, 3 before whistle joined the forum which failed to spot the obvious error

6 of these have been arguments wiith whistle. because saving face is more important than posting good advice?

ah bless - did someone new dare to post on Breezers forum?

europlex - I dont see a genuine alarm company did the install* and thats the reason the O/P is having to ask on here

* because its such a bodge.

At the time we had no phone line, but the installer has left the wires by the phone connection bix and they just need to be kroned in.

Not too sure how all this works.
I can krone the alarm into the phone line, no problem. But what happens then??
How does the alarm know who to call, and how do the people know who to txt??
Do i have to subscibe??
whistle, you obviously missed the bit from the start ;)

Whoops, missed your bit at the bottom!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back