Texecom Premier Elite 24 Install

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Alarm has been all working fine for the past couple of weeks now. I want to get the texecom connect working properly.
Its added to the system and from the phone app I can connect to it. Last week I was seeing in the calendar when I set/disarmed etc.
I wanted to get the notications working as I do not get anything on my phone even if the alarm has been triggered.
I connected via wintex and made some changes I found on another thread and while I was connected to the panel I started to get notifications. However after those I didn't receive anymore and now the app doesn't register when the system has been armed/disabled etc in the calendar. The app does connect to the system though. Confused.... Any ideas?

Thanks!

difficult to say as don't know what you have done.

so if we roll back, which ports is the smart com connected to and what port is programmed to do the push in program digi?

Below are 2 screenshots from wintex, does this help?

comms1.png

comms2.png

Sponsored Links
yes that explains it perfectly.

If I told you the com ip sends out the notifications and you have it sending out via the smart com which is wrong.
Can you see your mistake?

Hey, yes perfectly, I changed protocol options to com port 2 and notification are coming through.
Thank you!!

Sorry to hijack this just got the same system does anyone know if they still come with resistor in the box, they are built into the pir's with jumpers but cant see any extra resistors in the box for door sensors? however seal was broken... thanks alert electrical!

Also do roller shutter sensors have to be loop for tamper (come with 4 wires from sensor) or can you just use the 2 alarm wires on eol with resistors.

Many thanks Joe

Comes with resistors you wire the 4 wires via a junction box with resistors to panel or 4 wire to keypad zone

I rung texecom first thing just to check before ringing retailer, they confirmed the no longer supply resistors with the elite 24 (and possibly others) it is very recent build date to be fair. I got a texecom bunch off ebay for £2 delivered so no major issue.

another quick question my install is a bit wired as it for out buildings, theres a long run then lots of sensors, ive got 6 core and was gonna run 1 door Eol and a pir eol (seperate zones) back through the 6 core is that ok?

It not major issue to run the system with the old style tamper, and there are electric wires all over the building so they cant be avoided. Is that an issue with eol or will it be fine? My understanding is although eol is more secure and uses less wire is more susceptible to interference. considering where its going i cant imagine some one will tamper with it but who knows!

Many thanks Joe

I don't believe the resistor story as I've installed 2 , 24 elites this week. both version 5, both had resistor packs

dont know what to say? i rung em thats what they said?

its build 0919 version 5.

As above is it ok to share wires, well not literally wires but within same sheath.

You have been misinformed. Why would a manufacturer sell a EOL control panel and not supply the resistors required for it to work correctly.
The only thing they do not supply now with the control panel is the engineering installation manual.

ha ha it leaves me in a tricky position if you are correct how to go about challenging retailer. im not impressed if that is the case but will have to put it down to experience :(

Texecom have stopped providing printed manuals and resistor packs as of days/ weeks ago.

In general most modern detectors have them built in.

Think it's cost cutting exercise, but I have packs and packs of unused resistors from installs.

It's possible that certain panels may still have them in for some time, but it is a recent development for sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back