Texecom Premier Elite 48 ComIP help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I logged in to my panel from PC to set the time and change the clock adjustment, when sending back the config to panel it stopped 75% through and said connection to panel has been lost.

Now the keypads show the whole config has been lost (e.g. normal message is blank, integration with Control4 has gone). I've got 2 ComIPs, one for Control4 home automation and one for connecting in Wintex.

So now I've got to try and connect to re-upload the config but some screens are just showing gibberish?

See the video:

Tried setting IP info from keypads (Com1 set to Crestron, Com2 to ComIP) but still cannot connect in wintex and ping info is not very promising:

Pinging 192.168.1.82 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.82: bytes=32 time=1254ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.82: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.82: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.82:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1254ms, Average = 418ms

I've got a decent gigabit network set up and my wintex machine is using a wired connection.

Any ideas on how I can get this working? Is the gibberish some sign of fault on the panel/comip?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Ah *******s.

Can't even ping the ComIP now, says request timed out.

Is the funny text in the video a red herring? I've got a good backup of the config, just need to get the panel accessible on the network

Something very odd going on. Unplugged the network cables from my switch, put them back in, could ping it fine.

Connected in Wintex and uploaded the config ok.

Now just tried again and can't connect or ping... so it only worked soon after unplug/re-connecting to switch.

Sponsored Links
probably simpler than you think.

Check:-
programming in program digi and comport set and setup modules firstly

what ip address does your router have the comip sat on?

The Com1 ComIP ("Crestron") is MAC-to-IP bound 192.168.1.81
The Com2 ComIP ("ComIP") is MAC-to-IP bound 192.168.1.82

On keypad I've checked IP settings and all correct (192.168.1.82, port 10001, 255.255.255.0). Com1 set as Crestron, Com2 as ComIP. I only saw 1 place to put an IP though (which is the .82).

Right now Lantronix Device Installer shows no devices on network

Router homepage shows no devices with 192.168.1.81 or 192.168.1.82

Everything has been working perfectly well for years with the config I managed to upload to it earlier. Only thing I can think of is I've somehow broke the ComIPs?

Hmm not known anyone damage the ip modules by sending across a profile.

What the leds doing on ip modules.

I would be guessing without have a deep look into what’s going on.....

Can you pm me the profile you sent across and the one you should have sent, wouldn’t mind having a quick look st this one and think that’s the place to start,

If you go to comport 2 in com port setup: press0 then rest what do you see.
?

Com2 (ComIP), press 0, see this:

IMG_20190429_092344.jpg

on the PCB the middle LED seems to be constantly on, the ones on either side flash

on the socket, one light is on constant, other flashing

the order of the lights indicate whats going on, if you press reset, the display should clear and then go through a sequence before stopping indicating the state

the ip module is not showing a fault, however it did show no carrier which is related to not being able to see on the network.

Tried setting both com1 and com2 to "nothing" and back to the correct settings (as prescribed in installation manual), still no joy

is it possible to factory reset or anything like that on the comip modules?

cant attempt to help you without taking a proper look.

from what you have done so far not convinced the ip modules are completely down.

some good news!

it looked like the sequence of events after assigning the comip an IP address, both of the comips were assigned the same ip by the panel (i must have at some point tried setting both com ports to have a comip)

which explains why when i disconnected and reconnected them, i could ping the ip only for a short time before both came online with the same ip, and everything broke

so i connected the crestron one to the network, assigned it the right ip via lantronix app, then connected the other one. i can now connect to the panel in wintex, but the home automation integration is not working.

from what I can see, the only setting i can set for "crestron" is just to assign a com port to it - there is nothing else correct?

That makes sense, don't do control 4, but believe it does use the Crestron protocol.

once you have assigned it on the correct com port as previous, I would go to comport setup, the Crestron comport, press 0 then reset to clear it out and see how it behaves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back