Texecom Smartcom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help. I'm trying to resolve an issue with a Smartcom on a Premier Elite 88 panel running the latest firmware. The Smartcom is running firmware 3.0.21 but will not connect to the cloud services. The status light just flashes. I've tried it both via Wifi and network cable. After so long the alarm keypad reports an ATS path fault I assume because the Smartcom cannot connect to the cloud service it then generates a fault. Its configured in Wintex as per the attached photos.

A UDL password has been set.

Is it correct that once the Smartcom has been configured in Wintex and the config uploaded you can no longer connect via Wintex and USB as this seems to happen which seems strange?

Thanks
Sam

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 2.png
    2.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm afraid I know nothing about the alarm, but a little about IT ...and I may be very wrong! :)

Are you sure you have the device configured correctly?
'Pri. Tel. No:' is listed as '127.0.0.251'
This IP, is a loopback address - the unit could be attempting to contact itself, and of course, it won't get a reply!
Should this be the IP address of the cloud service provider?

Thanks. I can see you're thinking it does appear to be a loopback address they are saying use. My only thought is the unit has the actual server IP embedded into the firmware and the loopback address forces it to search for it. I had found reference to the actual server IP addresses 52.34.136.45/50501 and 52.212.160.114/50502 but these may have discontinued.

Sponsored Links
Is this the Smartcom guide you followed?
It appears those fields should be auto-populated.
When you tried to connect to the WiFi, were you able to enter your ssid and password as on p11?

Attachments

• INS760EN-2_Texecom_Connect_Guide_Web_11.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Wintex 7.2 Build 3.1

The Smartcom is getting a local IP from DHCP fine. I've also tried to contact via Wintex with that IP and port 10001 but I'm not sure if that's supported on the Smartcom or just via a dedicated ComIP module.

Often when the Smartom cannot connect to cloud services it is due to the ISP "family friendly" blocking service. If you get the ISP to turn this off it may enable the Smartcom to connect. Which ISP are you using?

Thanks. I have 2 internet connections. It doesn't work on either Plusnet partner which has no traffic management/filtering or Virgin Media.

Elite 88 5.x
Smart 3.0.21

What are the smart com lights doing when its hard wired?
Do you have a picture of the connections being used?
What message is displayed when you try and generate app code?

usbcom connection can be used on any port not programmed up, so comport 3 and use the adapter that came with the smartcom in the digi modem socket

Thanks.

Smartcom Lights = Network light solid green
Cloud light flashing

After the alarm has been powered up for 2-3 minutes it reports an ATS path fault. Com 2 Fault

If I try to generate a code I get the below on the kaypad LCD display.

Please wait.......
Modem is online

Where is com3?

Attachments

• Smartcom.jpg
    Smartcom.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 91
  • Com1 and 2.jpg
    Com1 and 2.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 75
  • full panel.jpg
    full panel.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 83
It's sorted. I replaced the 127.0.0.251 with 52.34.136.45/50501 for Pri No and 52.212.160.114/50502 for Sec No. It then let me generate the app code.

After reading the config back again from Wintex it's reset back to 127.0.0.251 so it must need the above details initially to setup?

it shouldn't but some smart coms had the server addresses missing so had to point it tio the right place and the sort it out messy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back