Texecom Speech Dialler To Texecom Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just installing a Texecom Veritas Excel panel along with the Texecom speech dialer. Reading the installation manuals of the two, neither really cover connecting devices of their own brand together, more of if connecting different brands to each other.
The choice I have I hope someone can advise me on is on the panel it has a dedicated "Communicator Interface" which the panel manual states to supply the communicators power from using the unfused 12v connection.
The Speech dialers manual states "12v & 0v must be connected to the 12v aux psu of the control panel" which this is obviously fused.
Which should I use?

Also the Speech dialler, the TNV connections requires an earth. Is this mains earth, earth as in 0v on the panel & where should I supply this earth from?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Use the aux dc.
Mains Earth.

Page 16 shows how to connect.

The wiring example for a communicator it shows on page 16 is the bank of terminals at the top of the board marked "Communicator Interface" where as the aux dc is along the bottom edge of the board???

Sponsored Links
Use the Aux DC and the communicator bank for signals.

As I said.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back