texecom update and pir info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well i have just had deliverd my new tex prem 48 panel (brand new boxed) also have a keyprox keypad on its way to me as we speak.

what pirs do you guys recomend (must have eol built in) also want some eol door contacts.

and is it woth buying just a roll of 8 core alarm cable rather then faff about with differnt cores for different sensors (been reading that some people use different amout cores for certain pirs)

also want some smoke detectors for the tex, im just having difficulty finding a smoke diector (are these called optical sensors?) dont really want to be using heat detectors at 65degress etc, would prefer just smoke detectors, but of course if you guys recomend different i will consider these options)

really cant wait to get the panel and some sounders etc on the bench for a test

Sponsored Links
texecom prestige detectors, texecom do optical smoke detectors or menvier M12 this can be set for different uses, both are fine and have been trouble free.

also lads the external bell box.

i really dont like the look (shape) of the tex 3e, so have been looking at the AG6 Honeywell bellbox, or the texecom 1e.

what one would you prefer and why?

want to order the external sounder asap, so any info would be gratefull.

i will keep this as the single thread for my full texecom jorney, from purchase to install.

equipment list i have all ready got:

1x texecom premier 48
1x texecom keprox keypad

Sponsored Links
and out of interest, when using smoke detectors with the tex, can these be set so that the external sounder does not activate, but the internal speakers/sounders do?

also does the tex when using smokes activate the internal sounder or the internal speaker?

yes and speaker if required, int sounder? depends on what you fit and how you program it .take a look at the pyronix twin alert speaker and sounder in one unit also look at oddy 4 same internals as rest but a more slimmer design.

just looked at the pyronix, i think this would be ideal for dwonstairs giving me (internal speaker for, chime, entry/exit tones, and fire alarm sounds? and if wired correctly will also give me a internal "bell box" which is in same room as a keypad and entry exit door.

and place one upsairs mainly for chime and firealarm?

they look nice little bits of gear there, was gona do 2x speakers and 2x pizeos or similar - many thanks indeed.

gona decide about external bell box shortly.

just hope i dont run out of amps with what i eventually want to do.

Why you did not buy a "kit" and add to it is beyond me.
Ask for some advice before hand.

:?:

why on earth would i buy a kit?

im using ebay for the items, i want smokes, internal sounders and speakers etc etc etc.

im dooing a custom install, for myself for my needs.

Because, a "kit" would give you the basics, the foundation of what you need and then you would add your requirements.
Probably cheaper than the whole fleabay route.

Was only a suggestion to try and save you a bit of cash.

Now we are over that (I hope) M12`s are very good and can be used DP or EOL. Very stable and reliable smoke detectors. I say smoke as they can be configured to be optical, rate of rise, both or fixed temps. So very adaptable.

8 core as it is not much different in price and can be used to put up to 3 devices on one "radial" if needed.

Why does the PIR have to have EOL built in? Some do, but that is what resistors are for :D

Sounder can be programmed from outputs to do as you wish.
Rapier 6000 is the best looking and best external sounder in my book, have a search.

As for Ma consumption, if you get close to full capacity in alarm, consider a monitored PSU ( As it talks to the panel) to supplement. Texecom make them for the panel.

thanks alarm, was not trying to be funny, also ebay is where i buy all my pro gear, too many bargins not to, i have already saved about £80 on buying the panel and keypad from there, plus lots of installers with left over install kit they sell dead cheap.

i hope you and the other lad keep checking my post, advising me when i need it and sugesting equipment when i need it.

wanted eol built i just as its easier with less faffing about.

cant find any m12s on ebay grrrr (i also have funds in paypal which i like to spend on ebay)

the rapiers are very nice indeed, however i want a pro system at bargin price so that sounder is out of it lol

i still have not decided on the external bell box, the honeywell is cheaper by not much, but the od 4e is also a nice sounder too.

going to order 8 core cable today, ill pop back when i research more on the smokes.

zone 1 will be the following (i know you guys dont like multiple sensors on one zone, i aint decided on one sensor per zone or multiple sensors per zone) i just dont like the idear of say zone 1 kitchen door zone 2 kitchen pir etc.

anyway zone 1, risk assesment:

1 wooden shiplap shed, plastic windows that move in high winds, not fully sealed as it is shiplap, a very high risk area, intuders unlikely to break in through door wehn they can just push through window or kick through the shiplap.

would a pir be advisable in this shed? i dont think it would but i may be wrong.

requirments - fire and intruder alarm

I like the bit about
plus lots of installers with left over install kit they sell dead cheap

Re-do that as STOLEN from employers, trust me. No one gives away "stock" on fleabay.

One zone per detector, if an out building then use as I said 8 core and hey presto 3 devices.
If more then use an expander/rio/node.........keep forgetting what each call them!!!
PIR deffo a no for that shed. Either a good DT or active beams. Set them across the window and door if possible, virtually no chance of false alarms then, even from mice/rats/foxes. Well you never know :D

Would not advise shocks ( seismic`s) too risky for false alarms.

u could be right about it been stolen, as im bang into my cctv there is always high end used equipment on ebay, i know for a fact that this was once some companys assets, when the installer has upgraded equipment, i bet they say "would you like us to get rid of this old equipment for you" the compnay forgeting its a asset and thinking its junk when its not , ie dedicated micros dvrs and domes etc, these installers are making a killing selling this type of "used" equipment.

whats a dt?

also shed a (zone 1) will be covered in 2d lighting (gjd eventually) and of course cctv.

beams are looking a expensive option. for a shed with minimal value of items inside

Have you considered getting your paranoia sorted? Contact your GP. :rolleyes:

Have you considered getting your paranoia sorted? Contact your GP. :rolleyes:

no need, im a true technology geek, my hobby, i dont spend money on drink or clubbing, i like technolgy, i like toys.

i also like to catch intruder scum and protect my family, any body ****es about on my propert will find hi res images of them selves been handed over to the police, with all possible charges brought against them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back