Thames Water - £13bn debt - going under

Sponsored Links
The Banks did the same thing.
There is no penalty for failure anymore in Business or politics.

Because it's easy to buy off the party in power and the media does their dirty work.

Sponsored Links
I hope all the anti privatisation mob in here have took the time to invest their private pensions into pension funds that do not invest in UK utility companies

I hope all the anti privatisation mob in here have took the time to invest their private pensions into pension funds that do not invest in UK utility companies
Brexers wanted their Tory deregulation - Thames Water is the result.
I bet ReeSmogg hasn't stopped grinning.

If private investors can benefit from buying shares in these utility companies, why can't the government do the same.
The only thing investors contribute is money and then wait for a dividend.
If the government owned most of the shares in these companies, then the profits would go the government instead of private investors usually in foreign countries.
It seems to work for the Chinese.

Southern, Yorkshire, SES and Portsmouth also apparently in trouble...

Time to simply take back the companies for £1 each.
And do what happens when other companies go under.
Offer the creditors a tiny percentage of what they are owed.
Then the country will be taking back assets not always selling them off...

After all, aren't we are always being told the UK can now do what it likes?

It'll never happen of course due to the Corporate Governance system we live under!

Just wondering where all these higher /middle management to turn these companies around are going to come from. All the old world guys have retired a long time ago

Since privatisation 72 billion has gone to shareholders.
According to the experts, it will take 70 billion to bring the system up to standard.
Is there a connection.

Perhaps they also pay bills for water, sewage, railways, gas, electricity and the postal service.

Do you enjoy being fleeced?

It seems the world and his mate own British water, everyone that is, except the Brits themselves.
Is the state so incompetent that they can't run a water company and make a profit which could then be reinvested in the system.
Wales, Scotland and N.I. Water systems are all state owned.

Good point from the above article.
How on earth is it justifiable that the governments of eight other nations can hold direct stakes in England's water supply, while the UK government itself insists that it's unfit and improper for the nation to own and run its own water supply

Last edited:
Perhaps they also pay bills for water, sewage, railways, gas, electricity and the postal service.

Do you enjoy being fleeced?
So you don't have any principals of where your money is invested providing it put pounds in your pocket

Sponsored Links
Back