Thames Water - £13bn debt - going under

don't have any principals of where your money is invested providing it put pounds in your pocket
Don't you? I do.

Furthermore, I am concerned for the greater good of the community.

Don't approve of the public being looted, and the environment being polluted, by private owners of public utilities

Sponsored Links
I hope all the anti privatisation mob in here have took the time to invest their private pensions into pension funds that do not invest in UK utility companies

So their returns prove the point that they should not have been sold in the first place. I think the point you think you made is not the point you were trying to make.

What happens if this happens? Who is actually going to deal with it. Like, we need water.

>>snip<<

Not Australian (maybe?) but Canadian, etc etc etc.
Disgraceful.

However, nobody said they're bankrupt. Their borrowing at 14bn is high(80%) but claim they have 4.5bn to meet their debts.
They certainly DID pay a lot of divis - that's how you bribe the shareholders to approve what you're borrowing. They said they haven't paid divis for the last 5 years, and another article declared they weren't paying any to external owners. But that inews one says they paid internal dividends. eh?
>>Snip<<
Yes, I have a thought that MacQuarie Bank had 'ownership' of Thames Water at one time. Internal dividends paid the purchase loan?

Sponsored Links
What happens if this happens? Who is actually going to deal with it. Like, we need water.

The sewage works, pipes and reservoirs will continue to operate, under public ownership.

Remember this?

And this?

Let's hope the government has learned that the public will no longer accept pouring money into the pockets of bad businesses.

Last edited:
Don't you? I do.

Furthermore, I am concerned for the greater good of the community.

Don't approve of the public being looted, and the environment being polluted, by private owners of public utilities
That's good would you like to share with us the name of you private pension company and the fund your money is invested in so others can follow suit

I hope all the anti privatisation mob in here have took the time to invest their private pensions into pension funds that do not invest in UK utility companies
How do I do that? Aviva take care of the money I send them every month. :confused:

How do I do that? Aviva take care of the money I send them every month. :confused:
I take it You choose them as your pension provider without caring what they invest your money in. Don't worry johnd will be back on soon to tell you about an ethical provider to help with your anti privatisation beliefs

Afaik Thames water are part owned by the Chinese state investment fund

And some mob from abi dubby

Yes exactly foreigners

Say no more ;)

I take it You choose them as your pension provider
I didn't chose them no. My pension people have changed three times since I started paying in my mid 20's. Take-overs and whatnot. It was all handled by a financial advisor.
Never thought to ask about utilities companies, no. :confused:

Blimey 70 % ( at least ) of uk water companies are owned by foreigners

Yes exactly

Polluting is bad, obviously, but it's not exclusively the preserve of private companies, state owned companies can be as bad or even worse.

Scottish Water is benchmarked against the performance of water companies in England and Wales. In the year 2014–2015 they reported outcomes that were comparable with recent performance by leading water companies in England and Wales, as well undertaking a major investment programme.[8]

In 2021, it was revealed that untreated sewage was discharged by Scottish Water into Scotland's rivers and lochs more than 12,000 times in a single year, through combined sewage outflows. It emerged that the regulator, SEPA, estimated that there were 645 'unsatisfactory' outflows, and that Scottish Government officials viewed Scotland as being 'way behind' England in dealing with the problem.
[9]

Sponsored Links
Back