That's a Shame

If that is aimed at me, I'll continue to confront racism whenever I encounter it.
And I won't be asking for your permision to do so.

If you're content to allow racist comments and defend them, that's your choice. it's not mine.
You're welcome to your attitude to racism, and I'll continue with mine.
Roy, please could you explain how getting yourself banned helps you to “confront racism wherever I encounter it”

Sponsored Links
It's their moderators that delete my criticism, and allow the racist comments to remain.
There could be several reasons for that:
a) the comments aren't racist, and I am mistaken.
b) the admin prefer a culture of racism to a culture devoid of racism.
c) the admin place financial interest above a moral compass.

i am absolutely confident that a) does not apply. On all the occasions that ReganAndCarter has been criticised by me for being racist, the dictionary definition always defines his comment as offensive.
Is b) applicable? I leave it open to others to judge, but on the basis that I have seen so far, and the defence of racism on that forum, and now on this forum, it would appear that DIYnot prefers a culture of racism, or it is so endemic or institutionalised as to be acceptable.
Is c) applicable? Perhaps. They accept a culture of racism in the interest of their financial gain. But that still means that the majority of its members find racism acceptable. That is frightening in this day and age.

That is correct. I do live in France.
My original post stated that I was restoring an old stone building in France. I did not state that I was living in France. There are a lot of UK (and other) people who are restoring buildings in France but don't live here.

I asked willyEckerslike to share his thoughts on why he thinks I live in France. I didn't deny living in France, and I openly state that I do live in France.
I note that WillyEckerslike chooses to ignore me rather than respond to my requests.

When people defend racists, even with statements denying that the actions and behaviour was racist, it is defending racism and racists.

if you don't wish to be associated with defending racism and racists, don't defend their actions.

Your comment quoted below, about which I suggested you were defending ReganAndCarter's racist behaviour. You can see that you consider me to be the troll for confronting racism, rather than the racist ReganAndCarter on DIYnot for making racist comments:
I'm glad you agree with me.
I didn't know you also lived in France.

Sponsored Links
Like all bullies they don't like it up em.
Must be just gant, then. Unless he's trying to do a Corporal Jones impression, and that's the only way he could phrase it.
I don’t feel bullied,

If that’s rude, it’s your own fault.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If you're abusive, it's my fault? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That must be why my posts are deleted, and I'm excluded from a thread. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Does this forum etiquette you speak of Bloom, incorporate hawking your grievances to another forum and dissing diynot?
Stephen Hawking?
Or is that gantish again?

Have I spoken of forum etiquette?
Please show me where. Unless it's yet another figment of your imagination. :rolleyes:

Must be just gant, then. Unless he's trying to do a Colnel Jones impression, and that's the only way he could pharse it.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If you're abusive, it's my fault? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That must be why my posts are deleted, and I'm excluded from a thread. :rolleyes:
Rude and abusive are different Roy. That sums you up perfectly.

The mods excluded correctly.

Roy, please could you explain how getting yourself banned helps you to “confront racism wherever I encounter it”
You know, you've fallen under exactly the same description I very recently mentioned.
And it becomes group-think to be abusive, and you all start believing each others baseless accusations.
There's so many baseless accusations being thrown about, you all start believing each others baseless accusations, and you're just as gullible as the rest of the trolls. Except you are a dedicated defender of racism, which explains your motivation for slinging further baseless accusations. You want to close down any criticism of racism. Do you understand what that makes you?

And just to repeat what I've said recently, which has probably been deleted to save you and others from your own self-induced embafrrassment:
We've agreed that ReganandCarter is a racist. You've admitted he makes Alf Garnet type outbursts, and we recognise the fictional character of Alf Garnet as a loud mouthed racist.
In addition ReganandCarter has admitted to making racist comments.
He now tries to convince us he's only doing it for sport. That gives us another insight to his thinking: He knows what he says is racist, and he does it intentionally. We now know that because he's now trying to excuse it as trolling. He's trying to pretend that he's not really a racist, he's just a troll.
We now know that thanks to gnat's, and fillyboy's disclosures.

And you think he's a pretty decent chap, really.
Really?

Last edited:
Such a hollow ring to it when he says he's sorry.
Who are you referring to now?

You need to put some more thought into your posts if you want others to know what you're talking about.

Rude and abusive are different Roy. That sums you up perfectly.

The mods excluded correctly.
You're now blaming me for the deletion of threads?

You're unbelievable.

Even more so, because you probably do actually believe it yourself.

Dellusional, I'd call it.

I've been doing a fair bit of digging, Notch7.
Care to put any dates to these usernames you claim I've been using?
The earliest one I've found so far (2012 ) is a reference to Red Herring, quote attached:
Well Red Herring, I think I'll jump in an answer this on Joe's behalf. ....
But this isn't answering a Red Herring post, it's implying that a Red Herring usename was in use before this post was made.
So we have established, and if your claim is reliable, that I, and/or others, have been repetitively banned for confronting racism since some time before 2012.
What does that suggest, especially in the light that we have firmly established that ReganandCarter makes racist comments?
I am not referring to only your admittance, and ReganandCarter's admittance, but also Jord86's admittance on another website (thanks to fillyboy and gant for this, I've been able to read the whole thread) that ReganandCarter makes racist comments in order to create some reaction. Here's the words of Jord86 from that other site:
Have you ever considered that the offending member may just post particular words knowing it will wind you up and set you off

It would seem that everything that Bobby Dazzler said on the other website is very accurate, especialy this bit, referring to ReganandCarter's racist comments:
It would also illustrate that he is aware of the protection afforded to him on DIYnot to practise his racism, and he exploits that opportunity to the full.

A pattern of behaviour, that appears to be going on for well over ten years, that is defended by Notch7 on DIYnot, and loads of others on the other site.

Last edited:
I'm bored with you speaking gantish now.
I have no idea what you are trying to say.
Brigadier touched on this whereby you give out this impression we on here are not worthy of being in the company of such a towering intellect but you choose to come on here rather than discuss with those of a similar intellect.
Jord 86 showed why you can't hack it.

Sponsored Links
Back