Idea to Discourage Abuse on GD Forum

R

RogueHanger

In order to stop the endless cycle of abuse, accusation and counter-accusation, how about if the first abusive comment in any of the threads caused that comment to be deleted, but the posters name left, and that thread locked?

We'd soon see how many threads were locked and who were the first abusive posters to make such comments.

But then the abusive posters daren't take on my challenge because (a) their abuse would have to stop immediately, and (b) we'd see who were the first to start that abuse.

Well, anyone up for it?
Obviously we'd need the cooperation of the mods.

Any other positive suggestions open for debate?

Sponsored Links
I have an idea - ban RH and the 'abuse' will vanish.

But it will not. It will re-appear when he signs up again under a completely different pseudonym, perhaps 'Raving Herbert' or 'Rotund Hooker'. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Perhaps we ought to ban any poster with no thanks under their name.

It's obvious they contribute nothing in the rest of what is a DIY forum, and are here just to cause problems.

I don't think there is a need for any sanctions against groups of posters - as far as I can tell there is just one that needs to be banned so he can go back to torturing animals in his home and leave the rest of us to enjoy the normal friendly banter on the board.

But that would ban genuine first DIY posters.

Just give them time to get some thanks, Roguehanger is just a troll with nearly 1000 posts, and has offered no USEFUL advice.
He is not on here in any DIY capacity.

As I understand it, 'thanks' cannot be acquired through posts on GD, only on other sub-forums. Unless they've changed things, of course.

I have an idea - ban RH and the 'abuse' will vanish.
That's strange, the abuse was here before me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Or do you mean that if I was banned, you could continue to abuse others unabated?

I did ask for any other positive ideas. So you make a negative suggestion. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Perhaps we ought to ban any poster with no thanks under their name.

It's obvious they contribute nothing in the rest of what is a DIY forum, and are here just to cause problems.
There are some who have no thanks and are just here to exploit the opportunity of abusing others.

Is it fair and equitable that those who want to continue making abusive comments are allowed to continue, while those that think it should be stopped are banned?

As I said, I asked for positive suggestions, not negative suggestions.

I don't think there is a need for any sanctions against groups of posters - as far as I can tell there is just one that needs to be banned so he can go back to torturing animals in his home and leave the rest of us to enjoy the normal friendly banter on the board.

Another fallacious and wildly inaccurate accusation. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
How about discussing the topic instead of making silly accusations.

You're well aware that if you weren't hiding behind the anonymity of a social media site you wouldn't dare make such dopey statements.

It's not banter to resort to wild, inaccurate and baseless accusations. But that's what you normally do. You embarrass youself in the process.

You suggest that I should be banned because I criticise and ridicule those that make abusive comments, while those, such as yourself that make wildly inaccurate and insidious accusations should be allowed to continue.
Which planet are you on?

Sponsored Links
Back