That's one Brexiteer who lost control of her hyperbole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Andrea Leadsom is expected to pull out of the two-way contest to become the next Conservative Party leader and UK prime minister, the BBC understands.

A source close to the energy minister said "the abuse has been too great".
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36763208
Her reason for pulling out was purely self-inflicted.

She apologised to Mrs May on Monday after suggesting being a mother made her a better candidate for the job.

Is that all Brexiteers run for the woods now?

Sponsored Links
If this story is true it's a national disgrace.
The establishment smear campaign against this woman has been relentless.
And it shows the extent to which they were shi**ing bricks at the prospect of a real believer in the leave campaign becoming leader.
Once May is installed she will sign us up to treatise as bad as the Norwegian government signed their people up to without their consent.
But that would only delay the inevitable anyway.

Far from it, as the tories will find at the next election if this happens.

If this story is true it's a national disgrace.
The establishment smear campaign against this woman has been relentless.
And it shows the extent to which they were shi**ing bricks at the prospect of a real believer in the leave campaign becoming leader.
Once May is installed she will sign us up to treatise as bad as the Norwegian government signed their people up to without their consent.
But that would only delay the inevitable anyway.

Far from it, as the tories will find at the next election if this happens.
No smear campaign was necessary. T May was odds on favorite to win. Leadsom has gone because of a self-inflicted injury. Probably intentional so she didn't have to lead the country out of the worse mess since Suez.

More importantly, we now have a new PM.
I wonder how long before article 50 is invoked.

Sponsored Links
I have just watched her read her resignation letter on TV and she pointed out that Mrs May has confirmed that she will execute Brexit in the UK’s best interest.

Therefore, the good part is we can get rid of Doggy Dave and Reckless George without further delay and get on with the job in hand.

You cannot condemn her for putting the country ahead of her own ambitions!

The thing is, in that letter she is holding TM to account.

No smear campaign was necessary. T May was odds on favorite to win. Leadsom has gone because of a self-inflicted injury.

So why was there one, self inflicted injury my arse. The reason this has happened was because she had a lot of support from the grass roots tories. The establishment have just learned a hard lesson in one election, they weren't taking that chance again.
Probably intentional so she didn't have to lead the country out of the worse mess since Suez.
Believe that and you'll believe anything. All those members in the tory heartlands who voted leave won't be happy.

It was obvious the Times did a hatchet job on her; they even printed the most unflattering photograph of her that they could find.

Anyway, her resignation letter and Nigel breathing down their necks should do the trick!

I wish I had your faith. But I don't, we're going to have the worst home secretary ever, who presided over the biggest increase in immigration ever setting the tone for the exit negotiations. Fcking stitch up.

The person I wanted in charge out of the available possibilities was the one who I actually believe meant it when she said she would implement Brexit. That wasn't May.

As someone who voted 'Leave', all I am seeking is the 'Government of the Day' to negotiate our exit from the EU. I'm not concerned that Gove, Boris, Farage et al are no longer shouting from the rooftops. They have succeeded with a positive EU referendum result and they all made it clear that it would be the responsibility of the Government to carry out the will of the people.

Now that the Tories have resolved their new leader campaign, Theresa May needs to move into No 10 ASAP so that she can get on with invoking Article 50.

Sponsored Links
Back