The anti poppy group banned.

JJ Please don't misunderstand my posting...I fully one hundred percent support the British Legion.

I was simply referring to INaz comments that often war is completely futile, and that is all.
Ahh, but is war so futile? I think that INaz is referring to the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts, where I accept his point about them being futile. The UK isn't and never should be the World's police force. As for the 1st and 2nd World wars, were they futile?? Germany did initiate the 2nd world war with their invasion of Poland. Remember too that Russia for a few years were Germany's allies, until Hitler took the unusual step of invading Russia. Hitler's aim was to dominate the rest of the world (much the same as certain fanatics proclaim with their all too common posters and banners at anti war marches and demonstrations against our troops)
Had Germany and Japan won the 2nd world war, do you think many of us would be alive today? Free to post whatever we want on the internet? I very much doubt it.

Sponsored Links
In reality we'd probably be better off.

JJ Please don't misunderstand my posting...I fully one hundred percent support the British Legion.

I was simply referring to INaz comments that often war is completely futile, and that is all.
Ahh, but is war so futile? I think that INaz is referring to the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts, where I accept his point about them being futile. The UK isn't and never should be the World's police force. As for the 1st and 2nd World wars, were they futile?? .

Not in the sense that yes, they defeated a potential dictator.....
But at what cost.... 15 million dead in the first world war.
60 million in the second.
I am not in any way undermining the sacrifice either then or now...but surely there has to be a better way to solve a conflict than just barging in and killing people. There has to be a reason people fight....maybe if there was a bit more talking and listening problems could be resolved another way.
I know I sound very simplistic but to me life is a precious thing and I think that it is a tragedy that even one person gets killed by fighting.

Sponsored Links
Suzie. The odds are that you will die in ww3 in the next 20 years. So will a billion others.

I thought we were running out oil or starving to death long before then.
If the war holds off for twenty what a bonus. :)

Be a funny old war. No K packs and push bikes instead of tanks. Will the
navy row there? Not on an empty stomach surely :)

We won't have a navy by then. The Chinese will stop exporting bicycles so our troops will have to swim over the channel, then walk a thousand miles for a skirnish with the enemy, who'll be starving anyway. ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back