The anti poppy group banned.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That group who were going to do an anti poppy march have been banned from marching. Is that the right decision? Or just a populist move by an under-fire home secretary? Do we have a right to free speech - or just free speech that the majority agree with?

Sponsored Links
all those who died, who the majority of us are eternally grateful for, died so that anyone can march/speak/protest against whatever they want.

the irony being most of them protest against the establishment that allows them the right to protest in the first place, so as long as it is done peacefully i dont mind, it sets us apart from the scum who protest and i usually like to point out their irony to them,

There are people in this country who were not born here who chose to come for the sole purpose of self preservation as they would not get away with what they do and say in their own country, but choose to turn and twist everything about our country to try to change it to their country, then when they do change the country they get jailed or disappear. so let them protest, wherever they come from, and tell them if it wasnt for those who sacrificed everything they would not be able to protest.

Tell them to go to iraq, iran and the old communist countries and see what would happen to them there when they spouted their bile, so let them protest and tell them we are proud to let them, as long as they know it is our country and they shall not be allowed to change it, if they dont want to be here,

Those who were born here or not, then let them go to their idealistic place, see how many actually take up our offer of free passage, one way, and see who stay here and milk our system.

I WILL BE STANDING QUIETLY AT 11am, ITS THE LEAST I CAN DO

That group who were going to do an anti poppy march have been banned from marching. Is that the right decision? Or just a populist move by an under-fire home secretary? Do we have a right to free speech - or just free speech that the majority agree with?

The ban can be justified on the basis of public order- the banners carried by this lot incite violence- I felt like Tw**ing some of them when I saw them anyway...

You don't have to agree with them to uphold the right of freedom of speech though.

Sponsored Links
It is the 'group' this is banned NOT the right to march. Anyone is still free to go and march. And if that's what you want to do, then as long as you do it peacefully then I reluctantly support that. Reluctantly because it is in protest to something I personally believe is a right and good thing to do.

You don't have to agree with them to uphold the right of freedom of speech though.
Agreed, but there's a world of difference between freedom of speech and freedom to spout hatred and inciting violence. If you want examples just type 'poppy burning' into youtube because I ain't gonna spread their idiotic, hateful propaganda. This group and ALL groups such as this should be banned (I include the EDL et al in that). They'll still have their 'secret' :rolleyes: pathetic little meetings where they'll whip themselves up into a frenzy with talk of world domination :rolleyes: but unfortunately you can't outlaw ignorance and stupidity.

Is that the right decision? Or just a populist move by an under-fire home secretary?

Just a little cartoon about the prophet moohamed, and their getting their daggers out. They don't seem to mind trashing other people's religions, beliefs or institutions though.

More feckers who probably sneaked in whilst passport control was looking the other way. :rolleyes:

We had a similar conversation last year about this group and some on here were very quick to defend the "Freedom of Speech" angle. They little but realise that if Islam does come to "Dominate the West" (as it says on the placards they hold aloft), then "Freedom of Speech" will be consigned to the dustbin. Certain sects within Islam are not tolerant of any other religion (even other sects of the same religion.)

At least we seem to tolerate them.. Just a shame that they can't/won't tolerate others.

A poem for the poppy abusers.

This land was built from blood and tears.... The sacrifice of 2000yrs.... The romans came, the vikings too.. so why would we be afraid of you?... but mark my words and mark them well... it was 1066 since we last fell... when it comes to fight... we hate to lose... so respect our dead... or leave... you choose!!

Unashamedly stolen

freedom of speech? My backside is their freedom of speech. Freedom of speech appears to be within certain boundaries, often defined by hypocrisy.

MAC who have been banned actually raise some very valid points. However its their confrontational, hot headed manner in arguing their case which gets them such negative publicity. By and large below the hot airof MAC, and their blindly obvious "headline grabbing stunts", you find what they say is largely not much different to what most anti-war groups say.

Me personally i chose not to wear the poppy, simply because i dont wish to be told what to do, when, to symbolise whatever. I am stuanchly anti-war and in my eyes the poppy in recent years has been used to support those engaging in current wars, which i'm proud to say i do not agree with. I do not agree in goign to war to overthrow another countries government to allow yourself easy access to their vast natural resources, almost always for the profit of large arms and oil companies.

A bit of research will show you just why these latest wars are really being fought, and who is really promoting them. And let me tell you, freedom, terrorism etc is certainly NOT the reason.

Me personally i chose not to wear the poppy, simply because i dont wish to be told what to do, when, to symbolise whatever. I am stuanchly anti-war and in my eyes the poppy in recent years has been used to support those engaging in current wars

Utter tosh. Poppies are sold and raise funds for the support of Ex Servicemen and women
Nothing at all to do with support for those currently engaged in any war.

A bit of research will show you just why these latest wars are really being fought, and who is really promoting them. And let me tell you, freedom, terrorism etc is certainly NOT the reason.

I can only congratulate you whole heartedly for forcing yourself to stay in
this shocking country of ours. It must be a trial every day to live in this
cess pool of western "infidelness". On behalf of Great Britain I sincerely
apologize for the obvious trauma you suffer by existing in the bosom of our
warmonmgering nation. Please shut the door on your way out.

Me personally i chose not to wear the poppy, simply because i dont wish to be told what to do, when, to symbolise whatever. I am stuanchly anti-war and in my eyes the poppy in recent years has been used to support those engaging in current wars, which i'm proud to say i do not agree with. I do not agree in goign to war to overthrow another countries government to allow yourself easy access to their vast natural resources, almost always for the profit of large arms and oil companies.
I agree.

I agree with a lot of your post iron naz.....I am sure many wars are fought under the guise of a lie. War is just so destructive, and so often solves very little.

I think however the poppy represents many, many brave men who have given their lives, and as such we should respect its as a symbol of their sacrifice.

I agree with a lot of your post iron naz.....I am sure many wars are fought under the guise of a lie. War is just so destructive, and so often solves very little.
Of course it is and always will be. No-one ever forces anybody to wear a Poppy if they object to it. But you have to take in account one thing - without our brave people fighting for us (of all nationalities) and losing their lives for freedom, where would we be today?

I think however the poppy represents many, many brave men who have given their lives, and as such we should respect its as a symbol of their sacrifice.
Why not sit on the fence - mind the splinters dear :D It was not only men that lost their lives during wars.
It really makes me sad that so called logical thinking people that are so anti war, that they can't, or will not want to remember our fallen heroes during two world wars.

Sponsored Links
Back