the bar*****s

Call me a namby-pamby liberal if you must, and I understand your frustration.

However, you cannot go around taking the law into your own hands. If everyone did that, anarchy would result.

Sponsored Links
9.30 pm the blighters just had another go at my car, smashed the steering lock this time, can't be bothered to phone the police this time,
maybe one day I'll catch them trying, unless they bring there own rotor arm it isn't going anywhere....
sorry just having a small rant as I've now got to find a new steering lock and until then I'm going to have to fit and remove rotor arm
every day, dam I'm [annoyed] at the thought of doing this.

edited
Mod9

Removing the rotor arm won't stop them from trying. Go get a Disklok, it's effective and a good visual deterent. http://www.saundersonsecurity.co.uk/acatalog/Disklok_Steering_Wheel_Lock.html Beware of other steering wheel locks that are easily busted though.

you ought to report it to the polic to give them something to do.

Otherwise the local crime figures wil continue to underreport car crime. Which will mean that it's not much of a problem.
So it won't get much attention.

Put a note in the window saying 'Danger Asbestos Fibres' or venomous spiders in Transit...

Sponsored Links

However, you cannot go around taking the law into your own hands. If everyone did that, anarchy would result.

Surely you should be addressing the 'gentleman' who stole the jacket, and telling him he can't go around taking other peoples' property, and suggesting he buys his own jacket!

In my book there are two types of attack, provoked and unprovoked. And a provoked attack, to me at least, is self-defence, and legal !

There's a line... you don't kill someone for nicking your jacket, but a couple of slaps and a huge slice of comeupance.... perfect.

Keep up the good work namsag.

guess I might invest in one of them, picking up a new alarm system tomorrow, I'm just stopping them driving off with it as the new key is a pair
of pliers. I'd like to see which one of the louts in the village it is as I'm sure once I've had a word with them they won't try again,
I have this trusting nature where when I know who they are and where they live so I can contact them 24/7 to talk they tend to respect my wishes
and leave my things alone.

JohnD,
car crime is high in the village, the local bobby said last time that unless they can catch them in the car there is not much they can do
they have a good idea who they are but until caught at it they can't take them in on presumptions,
yes you are right I should of called it in but then I/we have to be available to make statements,
mrs couldn't use the car for work today because they would want come and dust it,
and I won't bother to claim on the insurance for the twenty odd quid that I expect pay for another steering lock, ignition barrel and key
when I can find one.

some sort of steel bar on the wheel might discourage them.

In my town if you have a low-value car and no garage you can get one on free loan from the police. Old and low-value cars tend not to have factory immobiisers and alarms so are an easy touch :(

Can you rig a lamp on a PIR pointing at the car, perhaps with a bleeper to annoy you?

I have two lights outside, one low energy bulb approx 100wat one on a daylight & dusk sensor, and a pir flood light,
but the car wasn't on the drive last night as they are doing a new road across my drive and it was dug out for the new kerbs
so I couldn't bring the car up to the house, the new road goes to a small site, 9 bungalows at the back of mine so the car was left in the middle of the
road about 15m away from the house, it has an alarm but that is temperamental, some times you can open the car and get in and start the engine
before it goes off and another time if you stand out there and cough that will set it off,
last time when I was talking to the police they told me if I chain or fitted a bar on the steering wheel all they do is saw though your wheel and twist it
open thereby wrecking that, best of it is the alarm that's on it bleeps loud enough to be heard in the house so I guess I'm looking for a deaf lout. :LOL:

guess I might invest in one of them, picking up a new alarm system tomorrow, I'm just stopping them driving off with it as the new key is a pair
of pliers. I'd like to see which one of the louts in the village it is as I'm sure once I've had a word with them they won't try again,
I have this trusting nature where when I know who they are and where they live so I can contact them 24/7 to talk they tend to respect my wishes
and leave my things alone.

JohnD,
car crime is high in the village, the local bobby said last time that unless they can catch them in the car there is not much they can do
they have a good idea who they are but until caught at it they can't take them in on presumptions,
yes you are right I should of called it in but then I/we have to be available to make statements,
mrs couldn't use the car for work today because they would want come and dust it,
and I won't bother to claim on the insurance for the twenty odd quid that I expect pay for another steering lock, ignition barrel and key
when I can find one.

dark street and a "quiet word" works for me ;)

SecureSpark wrote:

Okay ... You're a namby-pamby liberal. :LOL:

Within limits taking the law into your own hands is absolutely fine ... It's called a citizen's arrest and would have been entirely appropriate in this instance (the punches to the face were quite obviously in self-defence officer).

Must make sure you have grounds though.

MW

Sponsored Links
Back