the best wall ties

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm finding that choosing from the huge array of products available for most jobs is one of the hardest parts of my projects. What do you reckon is the best product available for tieing new stud walls to an existing stone wall? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
What do you reckon is the best product available for tieing new stud walls to an existing stone wall? Thanks.
Tieing?
You would normally mechanically fix using plug and screw or concrete screws.

By 'Tieing' people may get the impression you are inferring that a stud wall is existing and that you are building the masonry up to said wall. In this instance you would use stainless steel fish-tail frame ties mechanically fixed to the upright stud and in courses with the masonry.

Yep of course not wall ties, sorry. What I want to know is what people think are specifically the best products and where to get them. Because I'm not an experienced tradesman I find myself popping into the big D.I.Y places to pick up the stuff I need week to week and I'm noticing differences in price and quality of products.

The stud will be supporting the roof and erected on a reinforced timber floor so I reckoned I should attach it to the existing stone wall.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as though you are building an internal partition wall of an existing masonry wall. Just drill and plug the masonry wall.
If you don't fix the first stud to the wall, the plaster will crack up the join.
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back